Friday, December 6, 2019

NEW EPIC SERIES THE FOUNDATION WITH LEE PACE AND AIDAN TURNER'S LEONARDO DA VINCI GET NEW CASTING ADDITIONS!

      'THE FOUNDATION' SF SERIES
CASTS MORE GALACTIC CITIZENS
Casting updates on two of the upcoming epic series: Apple's television series adaptation of Isaac Asimov's science fiction classic THE
Laura Birn will be Emperor's enigmatic aide
FOUNDATION has some new names in the cast that already has Lee Pace as the lead! Produced by David S. Goyer, the ten episode epic saga revolves around a band of exiles who discover that the only way to save the Galactic Empire from destruction is to defy it. Lee Pace was already announced as Brother Day, the Emperor of the Galaxy, with Jared Harris as Hari Seldon, a mathematical genius who predicts the demise of the empire, and now they are joined by Lou Llobell (as Gaal, a mathematical genius from a repressed rural planet), Leah Harvey (as Salvor, the protective and intuitive warden of a remote outer planet), Laura Birn (as Demerzel the enigmatic aide to the Emperor of the Galaxy), Terrence Mann (as Brother
Cassian Bilton will be the imperial heir to the Galaxy
Dusk, the eldest living member of the ruling family) and dashing Cassian Bilton (as Brother Dawn, the youngest living member of the ruling family and next in line to be Brother Day).

      'LEONARDO DA VINCI' SERIES
COMPLETES ITS LEAD CAST
Meanwhile, Sony Pictures Television has joined Frank Spotnitz's new TV series on LEONARDO Da Vinci, the eight part story which takes
Matilda de Angelis has joined the cast of Leonardo
a fresh look at the life and legacy of the iconic artist, positing that he was a gay outsider who used his work as a way of hiding his true self. Every episode will explore one of his artworks for hidden clues about a tortured artist struggling for perfection. With Aidan Turner as Leonardo, I've already informed you that Freddie Highmore will play Stefano Giraldi, a fictional police detective who frames the narrative, investigating da Vinci as the suspect in a murder case and digging into his past. Now, the two of them are joined by Matilda de Angelis, who will star as Caterina da Cremona and famous Giancarlo Giannini in the role of Andrea del Verrocchio. The series will air on RAI in Italy, France Televisions and ZDF in Germany.

12 comments:

  1. Asimov provides some great source material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Foundation series. I hope they do it right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed! I do ever so adore me Lee Pace! Wish he would marry me!

      Delete
  3. I do adore Lee Pace, but I just don't think The Foundation is one for me. I am all for Leonardo series though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is not too religious or fanatical and political, but it probably is. I will hate Leo if they focus it on Highmore instead of Aidan.

      Delete
    2. We'll wait and see. I will also turn away from it if it is overly religious or political. I'm sure Highmore will have a lot of screen time as to make the younger viewers happy, but hopefully they do focus more on Aidan for us who are tuning in for the story, not the flavor of the week.

      Delete
    3. My theory is that Highmore wasn't planned at all, as he and his character did not even exist when the project was first announced, I think they made the series about him because he joined the show as the producer with his company. I mean who wants to turn an epic drama on Leonardo into a detective show? What the what???

      Delete
  4. All of these actors are foreign to me. I need to start expanding my television playlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of either of these from the photos myself before this post LOL and I'm the expert :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that, now I don't feel so bad. :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.