Sunday, June 8, 2014

HISTORY ORDERS 'SONS OF LIBERTY' SWEEPING HISTORICAL MINI SERIES ON THE FOUNDING OF AMERICA WITH BEN BARNES, RAFE SPALL, HENRY THOMAS, RYAN EGGOLD, MARTON CSOKAS, DEAN NORRIS!

SONS OF LIBERTY
NEW HISTORICAL MINI TV SERIES
After SLEEPY HOLLOW and TURN have made American history trendy again as a topic for TV shows, History is venturing into those waters too by ordering six part mini series SONS OF LIBERTY which will deal with the founding of the United States coming from 'A+E Studios' and 'Stephen David Entertainment' (The World Wars). With the production on the historical mini series scheduled to begin next month, the producers have already picked out their cast and the ensemble will be lead by CHRONICLES OF NARNIA's Ben Barnes and British thespian Rafe Spall (from PROMETHEUS, LIFE OF PI)!

THE STORY OF LIBERTY
BEN BARNES AND RAFE SPALL
To be directed by BOARDWALK EMPIRE's Kari Skogland and with legendary Oscar winner Hans Zimmer composing the opening theme, the story of SONS OF LIBERTY will revolve around a defiant and radical group of young men – Sam Adams (Ben Barnes), a natural born leader with charisma and a penchant for mischief, John Adams  (Henry Thomas), a lawyer and the conservative, smart cousin of Sam Adams, Paul Revere (Michael Raymond James), a veteran who wholeheartedly joins forces with Sam Adams, John Hancock (Rafe Spall), the wealthiest man in Boston at the time, and Joseph Warren (Ryan Eggold), a doctor and man of conscience and integrity, – as they band together in secrecy to change the course of history and make America a nation. Beside them, the cast will also include Marton Csokas who will portray the ferocious General Thomas Gage who is sent to handle the unrest in Boston with a military response, Emily Berrington as Margaret Gage and Dean Norris as the brilliant yet mischievous diplomat Benjamin Franklin. From the Boston Tea Party to the Declaration of Independence, SONS OF LIBERTY will tell the rebellious story of America’s fight for freedom!

'TEXAS RISING' HISTORY'S
ANOTHER EPIC SERIES 
As you know this is not the only upcoming historical series on the subject. I've reported earlier that History has also ordered TEXAS RISING 1800's mini series!  The epic saga will describe the 1800s Texas Revolution against Mexico and the rise of the legendary Texas Rangers. That one will also have a stellar cast including: Bill Paxton, Brendan Fraser, Tomas Jane, Olivier Martinez, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Ray Liotta, Chad Michael Murray and many others! 

24 comments:

  1. Being from Texas it is always funny to see how we are perceived by others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, this will be done by your people :) so not much of other viewpoints :)

      Delete
    2. So let it be written, So let it be done...

      Delete
  2. Is it me or do those pictures of Emily and Ryan up there look like the headshots actors use starting out? When they're desperately trying to land work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are their agency shoots.... both are young

      Delete
  3. Funny about the kettler. So silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was funny! Have just come from your blog :)

      Hi Dezzy!

      Delete
    2. Mine's a bit rusty too beside being a funny kettler....

      Delete
    3. I am so silly. I see it now, but I didn't then.

      Duh.

      Delete
  4. Yep, TURN is my favorite new show. But I love spy stories and American Revolution history, so not really a surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear lots of people like TURN...I haven't watched it myself... not my fave part of history... but I might save it for some dry period during summer... especially now that I gave up on CROSSBONES which is just beyond boring and uneventful ... and I won't have anything else to watch besides THE 100 and BABY DADDY before OUTLANDER begins... Although, I will give LAST SHIP a chance too later this month.

      Delete
  5. Sons of Liberty sounds like my husband's kind of show. Not my cup of tea, but I'll be forced to watch it with him. Hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Historical miniseries starring handsome hunks is the best way to teach history to kids today. Gawd knows they won't learn it otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so very true, Debs. I learn it better too with the help of hunks...

      Delete
  7. Oh my, Ben seems to be nursing a semi in this picture. I won't be able to watch this one with The Hubby as I don't think I could hide all the drooling from him.

    Darling, I'm not around much now as I'm quite busy. Right now I'm painting the porch and it's taking me longer than I thought it would. I'll try to come back mid-month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dear, it is lovely that you noticed it :) We've spent many a fine hour examining the incriminating spot :)

      Delete
    2. we miss you, dear, whenever you're not here :(

      Delete
  8. Always interested in the history of Texas, so I'm looking forward to that one! Every time I watch the Alamo, I still hope the defenders will win!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you will like this one when it starts airing, Peter

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.