Saturday, June 14, 2014

TOM HIDDLESTON IS COUNTRY SINGER IN 'I SAW THE LIGHT'! DWAYNE JOHNSON & IRINA SHAYK IN NEW 'HERCULES' EPIC POSTER! EPIC 'THE LIBERATOR' TRAILER WITH EDGAR RAMIREZ AS SIMON BOLIVAR

TOM HIDDLESTON IN
'I SAW THE LIGHT' AS FAMOUS COUNTRY STAR
Our dearest and most beloved British superstar Tom Hiddleston will show you his brilliant singing voice in a new movie: according to 'Deadline' he will play country music legend Hank Williams in I SAW THE LIGHT biopic. The film will tell the story of Williams’ meteoric rise to fame, and the price that fame took on his personal life. He died at age 29 of heart failure and is famous for hits such as "Your Cheatin’ Heart", "I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry" and "Hey Good Lookin". Hiddles is currently finishing Guillermo del Toro's CRIMSON PEAK which, set in Cumbria, in a crumbling mansion in a largely rural and mountainous region of northern England in the 19th century, follows young author Edith Cushing (Mia Wasikowska) who discovers that her charming new husband Sir Thomas Sharpe (Hiddleston) is not who he appears to be.

NEW 'HERCULES' POSTER
DWAYNE JOHNSON & IRINA SHAYK
After the amazing second trailer two weeks ago, a new poster has been revealed for Dwayne Johnson's HERCULES epic movie and this time you can see Russian beauty Irina Shayk on it too as Megara! In the movie, which also stars Joseph Fiennes, Rebecca Ferguson, Ian McShane, Rufus Sewell, John Hurt, HERCULES is a leader of a group of mercenaries who have a task of helping end a bloody civil war in the land of Thrace and returning the rightful king to his throne! The movie brings the legend to the cinemas July 25th!

THE LIBERATOR TRAILER
WITH EDGAR RAMIREZ
First trailer has been released for historical drama THE LIBERATOR (or LIBERTADOR) in which Edgar Ramirez portrays famous political and military leader Simon Bolivar who fought against the Spanish  Empire. To arrive to cinemas this August this historical biography, presented entirely from BolĂ­var's point-of-view, depicts the Venezuelan military and political leader who played a crucial role in freeing Latin America from the grip of the Spanish Empire! Danny Huston and Iwan Rheon also star.

34 comments:

  1. I love Hank Williams's music but he had such a tragic and short life because of his extreme alcoholism. This will be a challenging role for Hiddleston, I'm sure, but I know he'll be up to it! And I'm looking forward to "The Liberator" too -- Simon Bolivar has long been a hero of mine.

    Oh, and P.S. -- Hiddleston SQUEEEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of him or his songs before.... hope Hiddles will do good as always.
      THE LIBERATOR trailer is absolutely amazing!
      I shall mention Hiddlestud tomorrow as well :)

      Delete
  2. Got a chance to see Kevin Sorbo at the Niagara Falls Comic Con last week. To me, he will always be the face of Hercules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he was so great in the TV show! Always seemed so kind and warm

      Delete
  3. I'd like to hear Tom Hiddleston sing.
    HERCULES looks like a mouse next to that lion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did sing in some videos, a lovely voice he has....
      But the mouse will wear lion's fur after the battle :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. everything younger than 80 is too young to die

      Delete
  5. I SAW THE LIGHT sounds a good film, albeit very sad. Did not know Hank Williams died aged 29. Terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to check out some of his songs at YouTube, I've never heard of him before today

      Delete
  6. Tom Hiddleston sings? I'm I the last to know? I'm looking forward to the Simon Bolivar film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he certainly does with the most delightful of voices... I might do a post on actors who sing when I find a free spot

      Delete
  7. July is such a long time to wait for those bulging muscles in Hercules.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Tom. I enjoy watching him work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is the sweetest star ever..... him and Lukey Evans....

      Delete
    2. Your blog is the first I hear of Lukey Evans. I like how you added the y.

      Delete
    3. he is very special to me... he is so sweet, he even wishes me happy Birthday each April for four years now.... imagine that..... what more could a boy ask than a congrats by a Hobbit star

      Delete
  9. supermodels are usually terrible actresses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not necessarily... think Rebecca Romijn... one of the biggest supermodels in history but also an outstanding actress with expressive and thoughtful performances

      Delete
  10. Aww! Now I'm going to have Hey Good Lookin stuck in my head for the rest of the night. My mama was a big Hank Williams fan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't picture Tom as Hank Williams. How is he going to do that dreadful Southern accent? And those songs are wretched. I hate Country music. But, I'll watch it just to see Hiddleston make such an ugly man look sexy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate country too, dear... the only country I can take in is Leann Rimmes ....occasionally... and Shania... but she ain't that country .....

      Delete
  12. Hidleston as Hank? Well that is something to see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Saw the Light should be an interesting movie. It's a shame he died so young. Just think of all the songs he could have wrote if he'd taken better care of himself. Very sad.

    Oh, and Anne - Southern accents aren't dreadful, just different speaking as a true Southerner myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I think Tomzie could pull of any accent too :)

      Delete
  14. I like the sound of a movie about Bolivar!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kind of cool they're making a movie about Hank Williams's life. They may have before... 29 is so young!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.