Friday, August 9, 2024

SEE NETFLIX DYSTOPIAN MOVIE UGLIES TRAILER IN WHICH ALL PEOPLE ARE FORCED TO GET PRETTY WHEN THEY TURN 16

  UGLIES TRAILER 
FOR NEW NETFLIX DYSTOPIAN MOVIE 
Netflix has released a trailer for their dystopian fantasy movie UGLIES which, based on a book by Scott Westerfeld hits the small screens next month, September 13th for the viewers around the world.
Ugliest hits the streamer next month
Joey King, Laverne Cox, Keith Powers, Chase Stokes and Jan Luis Castellanos star in this film directed by McG. In a future post scarcity dystopian world in which everyone is considered an "ugly," but then turned "Pretty" by extreme cosmetic surgery when they reach the age of 16 teenager Tally Youngblood rebels against society's enforced conformity.
Tally is about to turn sixteen, and she can’t wait. In just a few weeks she’ll have the operation that will turn her from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty. And as a pretty, she’ll be catapulted into a high-tech paradise where her only job is to have fun. But Tally’s new friend Shay isn’t sure she wants to become a pretty. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world and it isn’t very pretty. The authorities offer Tally a choice: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn pretty at all. Tally’s choice will change her world forever.
 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting one...I am against extreme cosmetic surgery. My god..they destroy so many beautiful actresses I liked..just sad that being yourself is not enough anymore. Just look at the Korean actors...one probably they were siblings if one didn't know better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Koreans like plastic surgery?
      I had three plastic surgeries in my life, but mine were necessary due to a huge 30kg loss of weight not for cosmetic or beautifying reasons. But having spent a year in the surgeons office I know how addictive it is to women, you get one, realise you can survive it and then find something new to fix. It is very addictive for those who have monies because the feeling you have after you fix something that bothered you is unparalleled.

      Delete
  2. Interesting premise. I hope it shows that being pretty isn't as good as being authentic and kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't expect much kindness in this one LOL

      Delete
  3. Our whole lives we’ve been fed the lie that being skinny or pretty will solve all of our problems. The thing is, many of the pretty people seem so miserable in life. The ones I’ve gravitated towards most in life are the ones that society doesn’t deem beautiful, but I find their spirit and grace always surpasses those with superficial qualities. I myself have contemplated giving up the hair dye and letting the gray grow in. There’s not a soul on this planet that I feel the need to be pretty for. Jason’s seen me at my ugliest and still loves me, so it’s time to hop out of the beauty rat race I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you very much grey? I think I mostly am but since I am naturally blond and shave my had I cannot know for sure. I do like it when women dye they greys, for some reason I feel accepting grey is like giving up, but that is just me, I like to look presentable because I feel it shows the respect towards yourself and the others too. I might not be right, though, but I defo feel there is some kind of self respect in dying hair as silly as it may sound especially today with the modern agenda. If you go grey then Jason can let his belly go too LOL imagine the world if we would not care about our looks, it is not always superficial to me, but the sense of still fighting. Of course, I would love you with the grey hair the same way I love with your dark edition LOL

      Delete
    2. No, I am not very much grey yet, but I do notice that after 2 months of not dying my hair, I do have some silvery strands popping up around my crown. I am on a going gray naturally facebook group and there are so many gorgeous women with silver hair on there. I am stuck in this thought process of not wanting to look like a stupid old lady with unnaturally dark hair for her age in 20 years time or deciding then that I do want to go gray and end up with two tone hair with a harsh demarcation line while the colored strands grow out like my mom did. I don't see gray as letting yourself go. Stopping the exercising or not brushing your hair or wearing sweatpants or pajamas all day would be a sign of giving up. But embracing the wrinkles and gray that's going to naturally come with aging doesn't signify giving up to me.

      I had a wild dream about you last night. You had your bald head but also a big long braid coming out of the back of your scalp. I don't know if it was a nightmare or what, but it was not a good look for you LMAO!

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I don't do Mongol braids like some Ghenghis Kan LOL

      I still think you are too young to let yourself go grey, maybe when you are over 60.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.