Friday, August 9, 2024

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON FROM PULITZER WINNER WAYNE BIDDLE TO BE ADAPTED INTO A PERIOD SET TELEVISION SERIES

  DARK SIDE OF THE MOON  
GETTING A TV SERIES ADAPTATION
Said to be in tone somewhere between Lessons in Chemistry and Openheimer, a TV series is being developed based on Wayne Biddle's historical book
The project will be shopped to the broadcasters
DARK SIDE OF THE MOON! As Deadline reports, based on true accounts, along with additional source material from the book, the show will follow a rebellious MIT graduate who shatters glass ceilings to join NASA, where, under the mentorship of Wernher von Braun, mastermind of America’s space program, she becomes a rising star. But while navigating the roiling sexual, social and political landscape of the ’60s and the Cold War, her dream becomes a nightmare when she uncovers Von Braun’s dark past. If I tell you that the subtitle of the book is Wernher von Braun, the Third Reich and the Space Race, you will get the idea what the nightmare could be about. Daniel Pyne will be the showrunner.

10 comments:

  1. Your little clue as to what the nightmare could be about just made this very interesting to me. I could imagine a secret like that not wanting to be found out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is well known that the Nazis were working on a nuclear bomb as well.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I knew you would be intrigued, hope they don't mess up the casting. Did you see that Bri Larson got Emmy nom for her wooden acting, the same Emmy Sarah Lancashire was never nominated for Julia.

      Delete
  3. I wonder what her decision would be...to do the right thing for herself or for the victims of Nazis and expose her mentor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll always associate the Dark Side of the Moon title and Wizard of Oz first lol. Never understood the hype of pairing the song with the movie but it still trends here every thanksgiving.
    This is one I know Jason and I will both like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my cuppa tea, but if you play the album at the start of wizard of oz, there are a lot of synchronicity between the two. I tried it and grew bored rather quickly. But I heard it's better when you're tripping on acid, so there's that LMAO!

      Delete
    2. I don't think Oz is so popular or considered a classic outside USA. So I have never heard about it.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.