Wednesday, August 21, 2024

SEE FIRST IMAGES FROM NAOMI WATTS, BILL MURRAY DRAMA MOVIE THE FRIEND

   FIRST THE FRIEND  
MOVIE IMAGES WITH NAOMI WATTS
Also premiering over in Toronto beside all the period set movies I told you about, is THE FRIEND starring Bill Murray, Naomi Watts, and a charismatic Great Dane named Bing who propel this wise and insightful character drama
The film will open September 8th in Toronto
based on the acclaimed novel by Sigrid Nunez and directed by Scott McGehee and David Siegel. The cast also has Owen Teague, Constance Wu, Ann Dowd and Carla Gugino.
THE FILM FOLLOWS 
Iris (Watts) has had a long, complex friendship with Walter (Bill Murray). Walter is an irresistible charmer, a brilliant author, a lover of many women, and a master at letting down loved ones. When he dies suddenly, Iris is left to deal with all he left behind — three ex-wives with unfinished business, his interrupted literary legacy, and his beloved beast Apollo (Bing). It's not that Iris doesn't like dogs, but this is Manhattan, and she’ll get kicked out of her building if they find out she’s pretty much trying to house a horse.Yet as Iris finds herself unexpectedly bonding to the animal, she begins to come to terms with her past, her lost friend, and her own creative inner life.
 

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hope Apollo does not eat her up in her sleep....

      Delete
  2. Massive but adorable dog. Looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine how much money it would take daily to feed it!

      Delete
    2. I can tell you this. I pay roughly $80 every 3 week to feed my great dane. But we do buy high quality food for all of our pets, so I imagine if one buys the cheap crap, if would cost a little less. But more in vet bills in the long run.

      Delete
    3. I still cannot imagine why the hell you needed a great dane in your life! It could be the empty nester syndrome making you fill tha cassa with fury kids LOL

      Delete
    4. Because, dahlink with Jason traveling so much and 2 women alone in the house for weeks at a time, that's a recipe for disaster if anyone wanted to break in and cause us harm. I do own a gun and will use it if necessary, but the point is to never have to remove it from its safe unless absolutely necessary. Nobody wanted to come to my door when my boxers were alive, so as long as I am breathing, I will own a big dog. While I live in quite a safe neighborhood, we do have the trash migrating this way from Chicago and now South Bend is the most dangerous city in Indiana (beating out Gary and Indianapolis surprisingly) and the 22nd most dangerous city in the whole country. I'd rather my dane protect me than have to make a decision to use deadly force on an intruder.

      Delete
    5. You think Moo would act all dangerous in such a case? Kinda looks like a lazy baby to me LOL

      Delete
    6. He's only 5 months old and 95 pounds, so not yet. Fully grown he'll be about 150 pounds and he's already very attached to Allison and I (Jason, not so much since he's not home consistently like us girls are). But I do think if he felt we were threatened, he will get those attack instincts within the next few months. He did just grow into his big boy bark, so hopefully that will be enough of a deterrent to keep the riff raff at bay now and in the future.

      Delete
    7. I'd rather have a squad of commando raccoons than having to feed a canine horse in the house LOL I would also put deadly laser beams around the yard LOL

      Delete
  3. I was excited until Watts was mentioned. Might give it a go because of the dog and see if I can overlook my disdain for the actress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wears interesting outfits in the film, big coats, scarves and such fun things.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.