Monday, June 26, 2023

NICHOLAS WINDING REIFN ADAPTING BLYTON'S FAMOUS FIVE ADVENTURE BOOKS INTO BBC AND ZDF MINI SERIES!

 FAMOUS FIVE ADAPTATION 
COMING FROM BBC AND ZDF 
It will be a three part mini series
Enid Blyton's beloved series of novels is getting a three 90 minute part adaptation from BBC and German ZDF. Nicholas Winding Refn will be the producer and creator of the series that has the story revolving around five daring young explorers as they encounter action-packed adventures, remarkable mysteries, unparalleled danger, and astounding secrets, in an unforgettable odyssey that evokes the power of camaraderie between the fearless young heroes. Moonage Pictures, that made Obsession for Netflix, is working on this one. They say that this will be a modern, timely and irreverent action series with adventure at its heart. The production has already begun so we might get cast info soon, methinks.

10 comments:

  1. i'm no fan of Enid Blyton, but the words "modern, timely and irreverent" says it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is the 'irreverent' part too LOL They might be using ghetto vocabulary.

      Delete
  2. Not familiar with the works from Enid Blyton..this looks like something for kids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose Enid Blyton's books are somewhat dated now but I credit the Famous Five with making me aware that reading could be enjoyable. Light years ago when I was at primary school wasn't trying with the Happy Venture series which was the series we were supposed to be learning to read from. I wasn't making progress at all and I think my mother was getting desperate - she read me a bit of one of the 'Five' books. Long story short I finished the book myself and made good progress with reading after that. Any snobbishness in the books went over my head at primary school age. I liked Georgina (George) but in reality I was probably more like Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may be aware that the Comic Strip did a short series of parodies of the 'Five' back in the 1980s. Five Go Mad in Dorset is the most well-known one I think. I haven't seen them myself though people who have say they are funny - though I think even there they included jokes that were accepted 40 years ago but maybe wouldn't be accepted now.

    Sadly, adaptations which are adaptations in name only aren't anything new and as has been observed in comments under other posts even history gets changed sometimes. Going back to the late 1960s adaptation of Far From the Madding Crowd I was like - a blonde Bathsheba, anathema! I do like Julie Christie as an actress though I did wonder why she couldn't at least have worn a dark wig. A blonde Bathsheba flies about as well as a dark-haired Milady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia Wasikowska was not any better as Bathsheba either in the more recent adaptation, but Matthias Schoenaerts was great in it as the male lead.

      Delete
  5. Malena beat me to it. When I saw modern, timely and irreverent, I wrote this one off as being delivered to us with that lovely woke agenda we get these days.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.