Saturday, June 3, 2023

SISI HISTORICAL TV SERIES ON THE EMPRESS OF AUSTRIA AND HUNGARY RENEWED FOR THIRD SEASON!

  SISI EPIC TV SERIES  
RENEWED FOR SEASON THREE
In case you were wondering, let me be the one to tell you: German historical TV series SISI has been renewed for season three after the second season
Dominique Devenport returns as Sisi
broke streaming records that the first season had set for RTL. The viewing numbers in linear viewing were lower, but the streaming numbers saw a jump. The series also airs around the world, including Disney Plus. It is expected for the third season to arrive again around Christmas holidays, so late December in Germany and Europe. The third season will continue the story of the Austrian imperial couple Sisi (Dominique Devenport) and her husband emperor Franz (Jannik Schumann). The second season saw them crowned in Hungary ending in year 1867 which means the writers have still thirty more years to cover before Sisi's assassination in Geneva back in 1898. Stay tuned for casting news which we will announce as soon as we get them, we are sure there will be some new faces in the cast of the third season. In some countries the series streams on Lionsgate + and in Australia on SBS. Epic Drama airs it in parts of Europe.

12 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any of this show yet. I saw the feature film with Romy Schneider as young Sisi many, many years ago and liked it though I don't remember it in detail if I'm honest. Also I didn't know enough about Sisi's real story to know how accurate it was. It tends to be British "history" shows where I sometimes find myself going "That's not what happened". I'm not saying all stories based on historical characters are a load of rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you are in UK, I think you can catch this Sisi on Disney Plus or maybe even on Lionsgate Plus. This Sisi indeed changes a lot of history, they do as it suits them. It goes as far as to depicting her as a positive and nice person even though the real Sisi was egoistic and vain, plus a huge drug user. However, it is visually the most beautiful series ever, amazing sets and cinematography.

      Delete
  2. I liked the very old 'Private Life of Henry VIII' with Charles Laughton when I saw it as what is now called a "tween" but I later learned it wasn't particularly historically accurate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rare are the historically accurate films. I do not mind if they change small thing,but when you change their race, looks or make them good while they were evil, that is what gets on my nerves. Look at Freydis in Vikings Valhalla who is depicted as just, good and honourable, carring for kids and women, while in reality, real Freydis would go into a village and butcher all the babies and ladies in it herself.

      Delete
    2. That's called politically correct! Now you will have a black plays Snow White Princess...wtf?

      Delete
    3. I am surprised they did not throw in a black person in this one, but there are some rather dark ones.

      Delete
  3. I am sure many will be pleased to have something good to watch during the holidays. I haven't indulged in this one yet, but it's still in my watch list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did send you the series a year or so ago.

      Delete
    2. I know dahlink. It's still on my computer. You know that I like a few seasons to pass before I watch. My old memory just can't remember months and years between seasons. It's why I had to wait for Last Kingdom to finish. The gaps between were brutal for my memory.

      Delete
    3. Well, Last Kingdom finally finished last year and with a movie this spring.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It also has the most amazing sets and cinematography ever seen on television in the historical genre.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.