Wednesday, June 7, 2023

CATHERINE TATE IS THE BLACK SHEEP OF THE ROYAL FAMILY IN QUEEN OF OZ COMEDY SERIES TRAILER! SEE STUNNING NEW IMAGES FROM REBEL MOON SF EPIC WITH MICHIEL HUISMAN, CHARLIE HUNNAM, SOFIA BOUTELLA, EDSKREIN, CARY ELWES, ANTHONY HOPKINS!


  QUEEN OF OZ TRAILER 
FOR NEW BBC COMEDY
If you are looking for a new comedy series to watch this summer, June 16th is bringing QUEEN OF OZ to BBC and iPlayer. In the show, Catherine Tate plays Princess Georgiana who, after yet another public catastrophe (involving a school visit and plenty of alcohol-induced vomit), is banished to Australia which she is now supposed to rule... and she is not happy about it! Accompanied by a useless entourage, Queen Georgiana of Australia goes kicking and screaming to a country she has zero interest in beyond the Hemsworth Brothers! The series will air on ABC down in Australia.
 

  REBEL MOON SF MOVIE 
NEW EPIC MOVIE IMAGES
The rebellion starts this December!
Netflix has released stunning new images from the movie that has been ruling number one spot of their list of the streamer's most anticipated projects: REBEL MOON, a brainchild of Zack Snyder, set to arrive December 22nd, with the first part, as the movie has been split into two films which will also have two cuts: one for the general audience and one explicit, made for the adults only. Sofia Boutella, Michiel Huisman, Charlie Hunnam, Djimon Hounsou, Corey Stoll, Ed Skrein, Fra Fee, Cary Elwes, Stuart Martin, and Anthony Hopkins lead the cast of grand fantasy adventure that follows an enigmatic young woman living in a peaceful colony on the outskirts of the galaxy. She’s given the task of finding warriors who can fend off an impending invasion by the despotic Regent Balisarius. Although it is a lavish space opera, which was shot on a budget that exceeds $160 million, Snyder said it was lensed in a more intimate way to ensure a natural, immersive encounter with the otherworldly aspects of the film's universe. 
 
  THE STORY IS SET
on a moon that circles an immense gas giant at a distant edge of the galaxy and is populated mainly by farmers. The moon of Veldt is a David facing down the Goliath of the Mother World, which has amassed abundant wealth, political power, and an immense army. Veldt is nowhere special until the rulers of the Mother World decide to seize it as a breadbasket. The story, which Snyder has been mulling for more than three decades, focuses on outcasts, malcontents, and refugees from many disparate planets who join forces to rise up together against a punishing authoritarian government. A newcomer named Kora (Sofia Boutella) rallies them to resist rather than roll over. She has been hiding on this moon after fleeing from her own role within the leadership of that oppressive government. Since these Veldt farmers can’t possibly fight the Imperium alone, Kora sets off with a mercenary starship pilot named Kai (Charlie Hunnam) to find help. Kora has only a few months to assemble her fighters before the Mother World’s forces return to Veldt to collect their harvest. The advantage that they would have is, they could set a trap for the Imperium! Kora is joined by Gunnar (Michiel Huisman), a handsome but meek farmer she has befriended. While the pilot Kai has seen a lot of fighting and knows the back channels to various other guns for hire, Gunnar is naive about the world outside his village. Together, Kora, Kai, and Gunnar recruit the most fearsome, calculating, and deadly warriors they can find on other subjugated worlds. The first thing the village needs is a general capable of commanding the fighters the group hopes to assemble. That leads Kora to General Titus, played by Djimon Hounsou! Another of the brawlers they seek is Tarak, the bare-chested brawler (Staz Nair) in sync with nature to the degree that he can bond with a griffin-like flying beast called a Bennu and ride it into battle. There are even more outlandish characters who enter the fight, among them an ethereal spider-being played by Jena Malone and an ornate, centuries-old robot known as a Jimmy (voiced by Anthony Hopkins). The Jimmys were mechanical knights, relics of a bygone age, now mostly gone. This one endures in the wild, trying to merge the natural world with its mechanical form. Opposing these heroes is an Imperium enforcer known as Admiral Noble (Ed Skrein), a volatile and cruel emissary from the Mother World with a chip on his shoulder. He serves under Regent Balisarius (Fra Fee), who presides over this sector of the universe.

18 comments:

  1. As much as I like Anthony Hopkins, I am just not into fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very excited about it, love me space operas!

      Delete
  2. As much as I don’t care for a sci-fi, I might give this one a try. I’ll wait for the trailer to see if it captures my interest at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crazy characters make this sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Snyder is good in creating characters.

      Delete
  4. I think Rebel Moon looks intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I commented on this one. Daheck!? Anyhow, I did say that I'm not into science fiction, but this one is pulling me in for some reason. I may have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have, but I went to sleep when you commented and approved it only today LOL

      Delete
    2. Blogger has been sending my comments to spam, even on my own damn blog. I figured they were doing the same here. It's so irritating!

      Delete
    3. They do that often. I once woke up with 450 comments in the spam box, most of them my old comments, but I managed to report it and they removed the problem.

      I currently have a problem with Facebook who have put a NOT RECOMMENDED badge on my H.SPY page there without even stating a reason. I asked for help, but god knows if I will get it.

      Delete
    4. Facebook has my account restricted. Apparently you can't jokingly call your friend a bitch because they see that as bullying. If I do it again, I get a 30 day ban. Why would you be not recommended? What a crock of crap! They don't often send your posts to my feed even though it always asks "do you want to see more of this is in your feed?" and I always put yes. They send them for a day or two then stop again. I think they are being run by monkeys over there, but that might be insulting to the monkeys.

      Delete
    5. They give you NOT RECOOMENDABLE badge if you spam, behave badly etc and I did none of them things. So now people can find and read my page but it does not get recommended to others by Facebook on their timelines. It is possible they expect me to sign up for boostings and pay them but it makes no sense for me as I have next to zero traffic on their network. They will ask me BOOST THIS POST FOR 20$ and we will show to up to 20 people! Like, are you fekking with me? How about showing posts to all who liked and followed my freaking page????

      Delete
    6. It's definitely all about the money with them. I get those stupid pay for view posts too and I'm like da hell with that. $20 to 20 people who already liked my page is blatant robbery. It's why I've always hated using Facebook for business. My blog page had over 9000 likes but hardly anyone ever saw my posts so I stopped posting there. I only have like 120 likes on my laser page though so I use it for now, but when they start their crap with that one, I may have to think about joining TikTok.

      Delete
    7. It is ridiculous especially as Twitter is now paying you a revenue for posting ads on your page. YouTube also pays you and so does Blogger, so why is Facebook taking money from us instead of paying us for creating content?

      Delete
    8. I guess Zuckerburg needs another yacht and wants us peasants to pay for it?

      Delete
    9. Wile creature, gorgeous, but wile...

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.