Sunday, June 11, 2023

PREMIUM SPOTLIGHT ON THE WITCHER EPIC TV SERIES SEASON 3 WHICH ARRIVES TO NETFLIX THIS MONTH WITH HENRY CAVILL

  THE WITCHER SEASON 3  
TRAILER AND AIR DATES
The Witcher is back this June
The airing dates for this one are getting closer and closer, people! Why dates in plural? Because for the first time ever Netflix has decided to split THE WITCHER into two parts, so the first batch of season three's eight episodes will stream from June 29th (five episodes) and then the other part from July 27th! And, yes, this is the last season with Henry Cavill in the lead role of Geralt the Witcher, after that season four will have Liam Hemsworth in the lead role, if they do not cancel it of course in the meantime due to the backclash from the audience who are not happy with Henry leaving and with the producers turning the
This season will have eight episodes
adaptation into a garbage. 
 
  In the upcoming season three, Geralt takes Ciri into hiding, determined to protect his newly-reunited family against those who threaten to destroy it. Entrusted with Ciri’s magical training, Yennefer leads them to the protected fortress of Aretuza, where they hope to uncover more about the girl’s untapped powers! Instead, they discover they’ve landed in a battlefield of political corruption, dark magic, and treachery. They must fight back, put everything on the line — or risk losing each other forever.
 
THE THIRD SEASON  
is also loosely based on Andrzej Sapkowski's books although fans have been angry with the producers for changing too much and rumour has it that Cavill has left the project for the same reason and for the bad writing which really has been godawful so far. Cavill now has a Warhammer series to lead and he has also been announced as the new Highlander. So is expected to lead two new epic adventure series while Netflix is left to save what is there to save from the poorly written Witcher adaptation. Joey Batey, Bard Edwards, Mimi Ndiweni, Eamon Farren, MyAnna Buring, Wilson Mbomio and Tom Canton are also set to return in Season 3. New arrivals are Robbie Amell as Gallatin, a born fighter who leads an army of guerrilla Scoia’tael fighting on behalf of Nilfgaard, and Hugh Skinner as Prince Radovid, a royal playboy and younger brother to King Vizimir. With his good looks and often drunken charm, Radovid surprises with how incisive he can be in matters of politics, but it’s all games until someone gets hurt. 
 

18 comments:

  1. I hope those who are still sticking with this one won’t be disappointed. Liam is cute, but he’s no Henry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fandom is so angry! But the whole show was one big utter shite, to be honest. I will watch this one only for Henry, Skinner, Bart Edwards and Amell.

      Delete
  2. I'm not happy Henry won't be in it after this because I only started watching it for him and I think he makes the show what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no other reason to watch that terrible garbage except him and even he was maybe present in two scenes per episode sadly.

      Delete
  3. Things do tend to go sideways when producers don't stay true to the work they're adapting. Although I didn't read the books, The Witcher is a fascinating series that I've had on my "watch later" list for far too long through the first and second seasons. I too wish Henry Cavill wasn't leaving the show but I do have a lot of respect for him for not wanting to be involved with a project that looks like its going down the drain. Without him, the show definitely won't have the same appeal to me. At least when I do catch up on the previous seasons I'll be able to enjoy it up to his departure. I used to watch the Highlander shows when it was on TV, so it will be nice to see how Henry performs in the new Highlander!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Highlander happens, we have not heard anything about it since it was announced.

      Delete
  4. I've only listened to an audio adaptation of part of the first Witcher book so I can't personally judge how much the dramatisation differed from the books. I know many people disagree with me but I was glad the showrunners didn't go with the fancast some folk had of Eva Green for Yennefer. If folk had gone with a Yennefer with a French accent I could have supported Elisa Lasowski. I like Joey Batey as a singer/actor though I don't know how close he is to book Jaskier/Dandelion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is quite boring as Jaskier, he is supposed to be funny but all of his jokes fall flat and also his singing which is more annoying than lovely. The whole show is terrible in every respect, from the script, to costumes and make up and masks, to special effects and casting. Cavill is the only reason to watch it and he only appears ten minutes in each episode maybe. Even horrid Eva Green would have been better than the godawful actress that is playing her, she is dum as a duck.

      Delete

    2. We'll have to agree to disagree on this, Dezmond. Admittedly, as an Englishwoman I find Eva Green's version of a British accent unconvincing. I haven't seen Anya Chalotra live in the theatre personally but people whose opinion(s) I respect reported that she was good in some of her live theatre work (and her hair isn't a black bottle job).

      Delete
    3. They are both horrid actresses, both Eva and Chalotra whose absolute lack of talent and charisma is matched only by Charlotte Hope from Spanish Princess.

      Delete
  5. It's possible that if I see Eva Green act in French I might form a more positive opinion of her - I lived and worked in London for some time and never met a lady with a 'home counties' accent who sounded like EG. I don't care for her version of an English accent. Do you have an opinion of Myanna Buring? I saw her a few years ago in a TV show about cops in Victorian London playing a very different part to that she plays in 'The Witcher" and thought she was convincing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore MyAnna, and have done so for a decade or so. Never understood why she is not a household name.

      Delete
    2. At least we can agree on appreciating the work of Myanna Buring then.

      Delete
  6. It may not sound like it but if I have read a book I generally like a dramatisation to be faithful or at least as faithful as possible to the original.* I'm holding off reading any more of The Witcher or Wheel of Time books so that I don't (possibly) find any changes abrasive. I was neutral about the first book of The Wheel of Time and actually quite liked the first series of the TV show.

    * Although I always thought her a good actress I didn't like the casting of Julie Christie as Bathsheba in the 1960s version of Hardy's 'Far from the Madding Crowd' (a blonde Bathsheba, never; she could have worn a dark wig). I'm not sold on a dark Milady in the new French 'Three Musketeers' albeit that the actress in question is a blonde who habitually darkens her hair (darkening her hair isn't a sin I realise). Book Milady is about 22 with blonde hair and is supposed to LOOK innocent even though she's not innocent in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't mind Charlotte Hope playing a bad lot in Game of Thrones (though at that stage the writers had changed the story from the books somewhat). The Spanish Princess series was so awful that I think whoever they cast in the part would have found it impossible to save that pile of detritus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was terrible in other roles too, remember The English Game from Fellowes? Everybody else was brilliant in it except her. Edward Holcroft was so beautiful in it.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.