Thursday, May 4, 2023

SHERIDAN SMITH TO LEAD FIJI SET MINI SERIES CASTAWAYS FOR PARAMOUNT! SEE VIRGINIE EFIRA IN JUST THE TWO OF US MOVIE TRAILER

 SHERIDAN SMITH TO LEAD 
CASTAWAYS PARAMOUNT SERIES
Paramount + has commissioned a five episode TV series adaptation of Lucy Clarke's THE CASTAWAYS and has set Sheridan Smith and Celine Buckens as the lead of this new UK original. They will play  sisters Lori
The series is based on Lucy Clarke's book
and Erin on the holiday of a lifetime in Fiji. After a huge fight, Erin never boards the island-hopping flight to their tropical resort – and the plane, with Lori on board, never arrives at its destination. Months later, no wreckage has been found, no survivors discovered. With the search abandoned, Erin remains a lone, desperate voice refusing to give up hope. Suddenly, Lori’s credit card is used in a corner shop in a remote village in Fiji. On the CCTV, Erin recognises the plane’s pilot back from the dead. She immediately sets out from the UK to find him and discover the mystery of her sister’s fate. Jumping between the two sisters’ perspectives, we follow Erin’s present day investigation and Lori’s struggle for survival following the crash onto a tropical and remote desert island. As dark secrets are revealed both in the past and present day, each shocking twist and turn slowly reveals the truth about what happened to Lori and her fellow passengers – a truth that someone on the island will kill to keep secret. 

 JUST THE TWO OF US TRAILER 
SEES VIRGINIE EFIRA IN TROUBLE
We also have suspenseful trailer for Valerie Donzelli's JUST THE TWO OF US (L'AMOUR ET LES FORÊTS) with our queen Virginie Efira, which will
The film will premiere at Cannes this month
have its world premiere at Cannes. Sticking to films with real life stories, after Revoir Paris, Waiting for Mr Bojangles and Other People's Children, Virginie Efira co-stars opposite Melvil Poupaud as a woman who falls passionately in love with the man of her dreams and rapidly cements the relationship with marriage. When they relocate far from her family and friends, her new life slowly turns from dream to nightmare as she comes to understand that she is in the grip of a deeply possessive and dangerous man. PS If the writers' strike, which started Tuesday, continues in USA, you can expect more news from the French and other European fronts, as your spy will turn his little eye away from Hollywood due to shortage of US movie news. 

10 comments:

  1. Video is not available... Would love to watch the castaways if only we had Paramount!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why it is not playing for you, it is still playing for me, try to disable your browser protection for a few minutes or try to watch it over at YouTube.

      Delete
  2. Both have grabbed my attention today! I'm ok with a writers strike here. Like I said. They can't come up with anything original anyway, so it's not like we'd be missing much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But are you sure it is the writers who are to blame for that? Producers are the ones who choose programmes and influence the scripts, and they usually reject original stuff because proven things carry less risk. It is sad, but that is how it is. For example, you can write a series about queen Anne and offer it to producers but they will tell you, 'But don't you have anything on Tudors?' People in power rarely like bold and original things, sadly. Not that a lot of writers aren't bad too LOL But they are fighting for their pay now and to be acknowledged, because these new streamers and broadcasters want to go to contract business, not for having writers are regular employees in their studios. That is my reality here and I have never experienced security in my life because of it, so I am on their side, you have to fight against capitalism otherwise it will come-a-knocking at your door too.

      Delete
    2. I see your point and it is very valid. Yes, it is the powers that be that decide what goes out to the masses. I feel like it's like that in any creative job, mine included. I can come up with beautiful works, but as you know, I push the boundaries on the language I use. Promoters are either all for it or totally against it. The ones against it don't want to make waves with the small handful of people who might complain (old people and religious fanatics). Instead, they will hire the laser engravers who promote that live, laugh, love crap. Same junk you can buy at Walmart all day long. Nothing special about their work. BUT, I know what women respond to. I'm not high on my horse and tooting my own horn, Dezzy. I wish you could come and spend a day working with me. The cackles and belly laughs from so many customers tells me I am doing something right. We sometimes tally how many times we have customers approach and say "I love your work!" or "This is my favorite shop!" in a day. In addition to being one of the very few who make a lot of money every week while the other vendors are lucky enough to cover their rent. But, even with the response, I still have to fight my way into shows at times, so I completely understand where you and the hollywood writers are coming from there with the frustration. Sadly, there will still be writers who will only be out for themselves and will not fight the long fight. They'll pick up the slack of the strikers and nothing will change. I hope that I am wrong, but unless everyone, or most everyone is on board, I wonder if the strike will even make much of an impact.

      Delete
    3. I think everyone is on board not just in USA, but even the unions from UK and Canada have told their members not to work for US media during the strike.

      Delete
    4. Fingers crossed it works out for everyone then!

      Delete
  3. I like movies with many dark secrets :D

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.