Tuesday, May 16, 2023

SEE JULIANNE MOORE, NICHOLAS GALITZINE, TONY CURRAN, LAURIE DAVIDSON IN 1ST MARY AND GEORGE 17TH CENTURY COSTUME SERIES! THE THORN IN THE CROWN EPIC HISTORICAL MOVIE ON KING CHARLES I TRIAL AND EXECUTION IN WORKS!

 THE THORN IN THE CROWN 
EPIC MOVIE ON CHARLES I
Well, it was kinda expected after the coronation of our dear Charles III: Mike Medavoy (worked on seven Oscar winning movies) and Keith Chapman (who created Paw Patrol and Bob the Builder) will
King Charles I was quite a dandy tyrant
produce epic historical movie THE THORN IN THE CROWN which tells the story of John Cooke, a humble lawyer and prototype of a human rights campaigner, who in 1649 London accepted the unprecedented and perilous brief to prosecute King Charles I for treason. All but lost to history, this remarkable figure has been plucked from obscurity and pieced together alongside renowned, revered, and reviled historical figures, King Charles I, Oliver Cromwell & King Charles II. In 1660, that same crown which was recently bestowed on the head of King Charles III, was newly forged to rest on the head of his namesake, King Charles II. Eleven years earlier in 1649, Charles II’s father, King Charles I, was executed and the crown that he had worn was destroyed – and the monarchy along with it. Cooke’s aim was to change the world, against the odds and no matter the cost, and somehow succeed.

  MARY AND GEORGE SERIES  
1ST PICS WITH JULIANE MOORE
Sky and AMC have unveiled first exclusive images from their new historical mini series MARY AND GEORGE with Julianne Moore, Nicholas Galitzine and Tony Curran in the lead roles. Moore plays Mary Villiers,
The series will air on Sky and on AMC as well
who moulded her beautiful and charismatic son, George, to seduce King James I and become his all-powerful lover. Also in the cast of the seven
Laurie Davidson, Tony Curran and Trine Dyrholm
episode series based on Benjamin Wolley's book The King's Assassin, are our boy Laurie Davidson as Robert Carr, 1st Earl of Somerset, Nicola
The series will air in seven episodes
Walker as Lady Hatton, Niamh Algar as Sandie, Trine Dyrholm as Queen Anne, Sean Gilder as Sir Thomas Compton and Simon Russell Beale as Sir George Villiers.
 
IN THE HISTORICAL SERIES
that begun shooting at the beginning of 2023, Moore plays Mary Villiers, Countess of Buckingham, who in 17th Century England moulded her beautiful
Julianne Moore is the scheming Mary Villiers
son, George, to seduce King James I and become his all-powerful lover. Through outrageous scheming, the pair rose from humble beginnings to
Nicholas Galitzine is the handsome George
become one of the richest, most titled, and influential mother and sons England had ever seen. Sky will air the series in Europe, and AMC in Northern America, Australia and India.

10 comments:

  1. dear Charles III?? Geez, didn't know that you are a royal fan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not, but Charles has always been a nice man, decent, dear, kind, down to earth, loving and generous, if anyone has to be a king I am glad it is him and Camilla as reasonable and kind people. And I base that on following his life and behaviour for more than four decades.

      Delete
    2. Cheers to you Gattocito for being a King Charles fan. Looking forward to see the Mary and George. Pray strike don't delay it and that I still have access to AMC by then. Talking about the strike, I came across an interview with s an Afro-American writer who says that diversity affected screenwriters'salaries. I'll share it with you on Messenger. Independence was cancelled, not Walker. Independence was so bad, I cheereed when I heard of its cancellation.

      Delete
    3. I am hoping it has already been shot given that they issued these photos, but I do not think they plan to air it soon, maybe next year or late winter. I was hoping we would get Domina season 2 from Sky in the Autumn or earlier, but no word about it so far.

      Delete
  2. Mary and George looks promising. Julianne Moore is great at playing a scheming character so the role is perfect for her.

    I am not much of a royal fan either, but there are many here who follow their lives religiously. Frankly, I couldn't care less about any of the lot, but I do like to admire Kate's fashions. She's not someone I would ever be friends with (if she were just a normal person) but I do think she has great fashion sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is something mildly evil in Moore LOL just hope she can pull off British accent. I'm overjoiced that my boy Laurie Davidson will be in it, he was lovely in Seven Kings Must Die last month.

      The current line up of the royal family, the first row, is defo nice, all fine and kind people, from Charlie and Camilla, to Kate and Wills and Edward and Sophie. The only one I cannot stand is princess Anne, she seems like a vile bully and is too old fashioned for my taste, not speaking about fashion LOL

      Delete
    2. I don't really know much about Anne. I've only read that she puts in the most hours as a working royal, but I have never heard of, or maybe just haven't paid attention to, the causes she supports. Our media doesn't report on the royals much outside of the first row. Sometimes we get a snippet from Fergie's girls, but it's really only when they are attached to ginger and his wife.

      Delete
    3. She had about twenty hours more than Charles but that is because she can cover more within a day as she is not required to stay for long, while Charles, as prince of Wales, was expected to stay longer at events and thus could not cover more within a day, and plus he has office work unlike her.

      Delete
  3. This Charles wasn't as nuts as the current one. Just saying. Hello Dezzzmeister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the current Charles wasn't as nuts as the two previous ones?

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.