Saturday, October 22, 2022

PATHE & DISNEY + TO PRODUCE 'MILADY ORIGINS' AND 'BLACK MUSKETEER' SPIN OFF TV SERIES AFTER THE THREE MUSKETEERS TWO PART MOVIE SAGA NEXT YEAR WITH VINCENT CASSEL, ROMAIN DURIS, EVA GREEN

  PATHE AND DISNEY PLUS 
PREPARING MILADY ORIGINS AND BLACK MUSKETEER SHOWS
First movie will hit cinemas next April
While we are waiting for the next spring to bring us the first part of the planned duology THE THREE MUSKETEERS: D'ARTAGNAN and then THE THREE MUSKETEERS: MILADY in December next year, Pathe has teamed up with Disney Plus in making two spin off TV series MILADY: ORIGINS which will follow the beginnings of the elegant vilainess and BLACK MUSKETEER which I announced a few years ago. As Variety reports, both  “Milady Origins” and “Black Musketeer,” which will shoot in French, will build on the experience gathered making the $80 million worth historical adventure movie saga based on Alexandre Dumas' work.
Two movie saga has a $80 million production budget
Judith Havas and Simon Jablonka are co-creating “Milady Origins” while Thomas Mansuy and Mathieu Leblanc are co-creating “Black Musketeer”! 
 
  3 MUSKETEERS: D'ARTAGNAN
will, meanwhile, follow D'Artagnan (Francois Civil), a spirited young Gascon, who is left for dead after trying to save a young woman from being
The movies will be followed by two spin off TV series
kidnapped. When he arrives in Paris, he tries by all means to find his attackers. He is unaware that his quest will lead him to the heart of a real war
Vicki Krieps plays French queen Anne in the movies
where the future of France is at stake. Allied with Athos (Vincent Cassel), Porthos (Pio Marmai), and Aramis (Romain Duris), three musketeers of
First look at Eva Green as Milady da Winter in the movie saga
the King (Louis Garrel) with a dangerous temerity, D'Artagnan faces the dark machinations of the Cardinal of Richelieu (Eric Ruf). But it is when he
Vincent Cassel's Athos and Milady in one of the scenes of the movie
falls madly in love with Constance Bonacieux (Lyna Khoudri), the Queen's (Vicki Krieps) confidante, that d'Artagnan truly puts himself in danger. For it is this passion that leads him into the wake of the one who becomes his mortal enemy: Milady de Winter (Eva Green).

10 comments:

  1. I usually immediately switch the channel if I saw something like this on TV....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, I would switch on a telly only on the occasions when they are airing something gorgeous like this.

      Delete
  2. I love TheThree Musketeers, but when will they sop making adaptations of this and The Count of Montecristo? Dumas was such a prolific and fascinating author and they never touch his other novels. Anyway, since I refuse to subscribe to Disney I'l be mising both Milady and The Black Musketeer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope Eva Green will not star in the series, cannot stand her.

      Delete
    2. Well she's attractive but I'm an English woman and her version of an upper-crust English accent has me reaching for the earplugs. Still as she's acting in French here that might not be a problem. Though I'm puzzled why one would cast a natural blonde with dyed black hair as a character who is blonde in the book.

      Delete
    3. It is forbidden to have blonds now on the screens, they are too white LOL

      Delete
  3. I may be able to tune into both of these. I use my besties Disney password for her plus channel occasionally. But, if they start doing like Netflix and limiting users, I'll have to skip. I'm not subscribing myself. There usually isn't much on there I want to watch to justify it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot remember when was the last time I spotlighted something of theirs. They do have Willow coming up next month.

      Delete
  4. This doesn't look too awful and it's on one of the few streaming services that I actually have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for that! I hear Apple is rising their prices soon.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.