Tuesday, October 18, 2022

JULIANNE MORE TO SEDUCE A KING THROUGH HER SON IN SKY & AMC HISTORICAL MINI TV SERIES MARY & GEORGE! SEE POSTER FOR THE SON DRAMA WITH HUGH JACKMAN, ANTHONY HOPKINS, LAURA DERN! ECHO 3 TRAILER WITH LUKE EVANS, MICHIEL HUISMAN

  JULIANNE MOORE TO LEAD 
MARY & GEORGE PERIOD SET TV SERIES FOR SKY AND AMC
As Deadline reports, Sky and AMC have hired Julianne Moore to lead their new eight part historical series MARY & GEORGE about powerful royal family favourites Mary Villiers and her son George. In the series that will begin shooting at the beginning of 2023, she will play Mary Villiers, Countess of Buckingham, who in 17th Century England moulded her beautiful son, George, to seduce King James I and become his all-powerful lover. Through outrageous scheming, the pair rose from humble beginnings to become one of the richest, most titled, and influential mother and sons England had ever seen. 

  THE SON MOVIE POSTER 
FOR A HUGH JACKMAN DRAMA
The Son does not have a release date yet
We finally got the first poster for Hugh Jackman's movie drama THE SON from director Florian Zeller and also starring Anthony Hopkins, Vanessa Kirby and Laura Dern. Jackman plays a man called Peter who has his busy life with new partner Beth, played by Kirby, and their baby thrown into disarray when his ex-wife Kate, played by Dern, turns up with their teenage son, Nicholas, played by Zen McGrath. This deeply moving movie will continue making it's journey through movie festivals around the world and will start opening in cinemas around Europe from January, February and March next year. It could be a strong awards season contender. 

 
  ECHO 3 APPLE TV TRAILER 
LUKE EVANS & MICHIEL HUISMAN
Set in South America and out on Apple TV November 23rd, ECHO 3 series follows Amber Chesborough (Jessica Ann Collins), a brilliant young scientist who is the emotional heart of a small American family. When Amber goes missing along the Colombia-Venezuela border, her brother, Bambi (Luke Evans), and her husband, Prince (Michiel Huisman) – two men with deep military experience and complicated pasts – struggle to find her in a layered personal drama, set against the explosive backdrop of a secret war. 

15 comments:

  1. I'm very glad Julianne is coming to TV and this project seems a variation on The Queen Formula. Moreover , we have so little on KIng James that it would be refreshing to watch Mary&George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I find interesting or maybe even a bit worrying is that she seems to like playing these sexually controversial roles especially with youngsters. Did not she have some role in which she played a mother too close to her son sexually? I hope they cast someone really nice as George because that will be the deciding factor for me. If they cast someone I cannot stand or do not find appealing I will lose interest.

      Delete
  2. Love Julianne More, but I am not a fan of royal family. The Son sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that is a reason more to watch it as I suspect they will depict the royal family as a nasty one LOL

      Delete
  3. My daughter bought a Playstation and I didn't know you can download apps to it. So now we have Peacock, hulu, HBO Max and a couple of others. I can watch other shows you've recommended. I started watching La Brea and really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must have been a delightful surprise for you!

      Delete
  4. The Son does sound wrenching. Yes, the father has every right to reinvent his life, but not at the expense of losing his son. I don't know how many times in the last 23 years I have thought about straying from the course I've been on, but those choices would have had a profound impact on the trajectory of my children's lives. Now that they are adults, I am free to reinvent my life how I see fit. I hope this one has a happy ending for all, but such is life, not all endings are happy ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can finally buy a tea plantation in Ceylon!

      Delete
    2. When you earn your first million, deary, you must sponsor us, I'm dirt poor.

      Delete
    3. Working on that, dahlink. Might have to be in our next lifetime we get that tea plantation at the rate I'm going.

      Delete
  5. Yes i would love to follow Julianne More, you know stories from Buckingham are always better.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.