Saturday, August 24, 2019

RAFE SPALL AND JOSH LAWSON TO JUMP FORWARD IN TIME IN AUSTRALIAN COMEDY LONG STORY SHORT! HEARTBREAKING TRUE STORY I STILL BELIEVE TRAILER WITH SHANIA TWAIN, GARY SINISE, BRITT ROBERTSON, KJ APA

      'LONG STORY SHORT' WITH
RAFE SPALL & JOSH LAWSON
English star Rafe Spall takes the lead role
What can be better than four things we absolutely adore combined together: Australia, Studiocanal, Josh Lawson and Rafe Spall! The British star is already Down Under shooting Australian romantic comedy LONG STORY SHORT produced by our favourite Studiocanal! Zahra Newman, Ronny Chieng, Noni Hazlehurst, Dena Kaplan and Australian actor Josh Lawson also star in the movie which Lawson also writes and directs.

LONG STORY SHORT follows Teddy (Rafe Spall), who wakes up the morning after his wedding to discover that every few minutes he’s jumping
Brisbane actor Josh Lawson stars in, directs and writes the movie
forward to the next year of his life. He must use every precious moment wisely to keep from losing the love of his life, and to learn to love the life he’s losing.

      'I STILL BELIEVE' TRAILER
WILL  BRING YOU TO TEARS!
The movie arrives to theatres next March
Speaking of weddings, there is one in new true story romantic drama I STILL BELIEVE which depicts the life of Christian music star Jeremy Camp and his journey of love and loss that looks to prove there is always hope. K.J. Apa portrays Jeremy Camp in the heartbreaking drama, while Britt Robertson plays his ill girlfriend. The cast also includes music icon Shania Twain and Gary Sinise as his parents. The concert scene that dominates the trailer below was shot in front of live concert audience at a music festival in Alabama. The movie is out next March!

16 comments:

  1. 'To make a long story short' - that's a very popular idiom in the english languge, and as such - a catchy title!

    Rafe Spall is the son of Timothy Spall from one of your previous posts (Timothy and Vanessa Redgrave as his mother).
    It seems a case of 'like father like son' - both talented actors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I've loved Rafe for many a year and never connected him with Timothy! He really is his son, what a revelation! I also did not know that Jim Carter and Imelda Staunton were married for many decades, discovered only last year and always loved them both. I've also recently discovered that Lex Shrapnel, one of my favourite actors from Medici: Masters of Florence epic series, is grandson of famous Deborah Kerr.

      Delete
  2. I Still Believe looks so touching. Anyone who can stand by their partner in their worst moments of sickness gets my full respect. I see so many women (sometimes men too) in my Chrone's & UC support groups that complain that their spouses are just downright mean to them about their condition. One man even got so mad at his wife because she made a sandwich then lost her appetite, so he threw the plate across the room. I can't tell you how many times I do the same thing. I am starving, make something to eat, then as soon as I sit down, the thought of putting food in my mouth makes me nauseous. I know it's not easy to live with someone who has a chronic illness, so I am so thankful that, minus the religious stuff, Jason is just like the husband in this film with his help and support. Did you see the photo series of the husband shaving his wife's hair because of her breast cancer battle? It was so beautifully sad, I think I stared at those photos and cried for like 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I'm not religious, over time I found out I really like Christian movies, they are the only one promoting kind-heartedness, love and goodness.
      It is probably tough on the husbands too, the thought of losing their wife and whole life in a way, men are usually not taught to deal with their emotions and these are as hard as they get, really. I know your country has groups which offer support to such spouses.
      I did see the photos of that dad that shaved his head so that his cancer stricken little daughter would not feel alone without her hair.
      I think Jason loves you more than life itself, and the thought of losing you probably scares the hell out of him and that is what makes him even more supportive, he knows what kind of job you do for the family and appreciates it deeply probably.

      Delete
    2. I agree about the Christian movies. They are just good and wholesome, and as long as they don't come off as preachy, I am always down to watch a good Christian film.

      I don't think Jason would do very well after I'm gone. I can only hope that my girls make sure to spend as much time with him afterwards. We've been together since we were 16, so I'm really all he knows in the way of relationships. It would definitely take an ugly toll on him, but thankfully my illness is a slow death, so hopefully he'll be prepared to let go when the time comes.

      Delete
    3. Yes, it is very strange, but Christian movies usually aren't preachy as people would expect. That is usually the case with liberal ones.
      Dahlink, with all our talk of our imminent deaths :) we might in the end outlive the whole world LOL just for the joke of it.

      Delete
    4. That would be the best punchline ever!

      Delete
    5. The history would laugh at us!

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen or listened to Shania Twain in a while,interesting!☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had a new album about a year and a half ago, it wasn't good, but it was nice seeing her return to the stage!

      Delete
  4. I keep waiting for Britt Robertson to get her big break. Hopefully this will be it! Short people (like me) in Hollywood always make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely has the charisma unlike most of today's Hollywood wenches :(

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.