Friday, April 14, 2023

1ST LOOK AT CATE BLANCHETT IN PERIOD SET MOVIE THE NEW BOY! SEE THE MIRACLE CLUB TEASER WITH MAGGIE SMITH, KATHY BATES, LAURA LINNEY, STEPHEN REA!

 1ST CATE BLANCHETT PIC 
IN THE NEW BOY MOVIE
From Australia comes the first image of Cate Blanchett in THE NEW BOY movie which premieres at Cannes. It is a 1940's set story of a nine-year-old Aboriginal orphan boy who arrives in the dead of night at a remote monastery, run by a renegade nun (Blanchett), where his presence disturbs the delicately balanced world in this story of spiritual struggle and the cost of survival. 

  THE MIRACLE CLUB  
1ST TEASER WITH MAGGIE SMITH, KATHY BATES AND LAURA LINNEY
Sony Pictures has released the first teaser for new movie drama THE MIRACLE CLUB with Maggie Smith, Laura Linney, Kathy Bates and Stephen Rea! Lourdes, a picturesque French town and a place of
The movie will arrive this summer
miracles, a magnet for 6 million visitors each year from across the globe. Ballygar, Ireland, 1968: a boisterous hard-knocks community in outer Dublin that marches to its own beat, frenzied, fast and loose, and yet also deeply soulful; rooted in traditions of loyalty, faith and togetherness. And the opportunity to rise above one’s daily struggles is frankly a pipe dream, especially for women. There’s just one dream for the women of Ballygar to taste freedom and escape the gauntlet of domestic life: to win a pilgrimage to the sacred French town of Lourdes. With a little benevolent interference from their local priest, close friends Lily, Eileen, and Dolly get their ticket  of a lifetime. Having never left Dublin, let alone Ireland, the journey provides our heroines the chance to let their hair down, celebrate life and some independence. It's also a chance to reflect on their own lives, with each of the women in search of their own personal miracles. But when they are joined by Chrissie, recently returned from a decades-long exile in the USA, deep wounds from the past are re-opened, and bitter truths exposed. As they confront one another and embrace their past, these women realise that the miracle they have all been looking for is right in front of them. Check out the first teaser below and tell us will you watch it this summer?
 

22 comments:

  1. These 3 are GOLD! Actually we just watched Der Fall Richard Jewell from Kathy Bates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also prefer Bates among the three of them. Maggie is delightful in her grumpiness but that is her only range basically, she is one dimensional, but fun indeed. I do like Stephen Rea a lot too.

      Delete
  2. I don't know Gattocito, I'm tired of bad nuns tales. Truth is that although I befriended priests in the past, I've never been close to nuns, but they can't be all bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who says Blanchett is a bad nun here?

      Delete
    2. I don't mean only cruel nuns, but also lapsed ones, those that break their vows, suffer crisis of faith and give up religion altogether

      Delete
    3. I imagine it is tough keeping faith these days....

      Delete
  3. Love Kathy Bates. These sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both look great. Hello, Dezzzmeister. How's it hangin'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do you assume it is hanging? Never in my life.... Yours is hanging?

      Delete
    2. Nooo, say it ain't soooo! You need to massage it more often then.....

      Delete
  5. I'm not a fan of Cate Blanchett but I realise I am in a minority there. I'm old enough to remember some of Maggie Smith's performances when she was younger and she did include ranges other than grumpy then. I can remember her in a broadcast of a farce (I think by Feydou) and of course she played Desdemona to Olivier's Othello. 'Othello' - the text - was one of the books we studied for a public examination at school so we were sent to see the film of the play in hopes it would enhance our knowledge/insight. In probably wouldn't be made that way today with Olivier in "blackface" - and black arms - some of the make-up came off on Desdemona/Maggie when she was killed. But 'twas a creation of its time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet it was lovely, unlike the horrid modern versions, Densel Washington's horrid portrayal comes to mind... I prefer Maggie Smith when is played by Ian McKellen LOOOL

      Delete
  6. The Miracle Club is definitely for me! I feel Ireland calling to me almost every day. Until I get back, I’ll indulge in films centered around the lovely country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think the Irish would like you there? I thought islanders are always closed to foreigners.

      Delete
    2. The Irish were the most welcoming of people from anywhere that I've ever traveled. Several places were closed off that I wanted to see when I was there and the workers were kind enough to break the rules and let me in anyway (I did not ask them to. They offered on their own). So yes, I do think they like well behaved visitors to their country. Unlike Iceland, where I found most of the residents to be very unfriendly no matter how hard we tried to be nice and follow their way of life.

      Delete
    3. Yes, but that was when you were a tourist, not when you settled in their town.

      Delete
    4. Dahlink, I will never live there. It is way too hard to get permanent residency there. Now, if I ever get super rich, I'd probably buy a little seaside cottage to escape to for a few weeks at a time here and there. I do believe the Irish are most welcoming to migrants who assimilate to their way of life. I do remember a year or so back when they were bringing in many Muslims it upset a lot of the Irish there because they pride themselves on their heritage and culture and how it keeps Ireland unique. They aren't like the US. They don't want to be a melting pot of cultures. But if you are similar enough, I think they don't mind. Sounds a bit racist, but I can see their point.

      Delete
    5. Well that is what I was thinking, they would see you as an American pest in their village, not as another Irish person LOL I remember how people were nasty to Anne O Leary when she moved to Indiana, borderline Fascist.

      Delete
    6. Poor Anne. She shouldn't have moved to hickville. If she would have chosen a bigger city like mine then she probably would have been treated well. It's those small country communities that don't like outsiders much, even those born and raised in this country.

      Delete
    7. Fekkin hillbillies.... They would probably burn me at the stakes in some village if I moved there.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.