Wednesday, February 7, 2024

FRANCE SETS NEW EPIC MOVIE ADAPTATION OF VICTOR HUGO'S LES MISERABLES BY STUDIOCANAL

   NEW LES MISERABLES  
EPIC MOVIE ADAPTATION ANNOUNCED
After the Musketeers and Count Monte Cristo another big screen novel adaptation in France will be LES MISERABLES done this time by Studiocanal and Fred Cavaye. Set against the backdrop of revolutionary uprisings in France, Les Misérables follows the character of Jean Valjean, a peasant sentenced to five years’ hard labour for stealing a loaf of bread whose story spans several years as he is released from prison and reintegrated into society, yet pursued by a police inspector on his trail.

8 comments:

  1. Interesting. It took forever for it to be made in a musical from the Broadway play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind missing this. It's not my favorite Hugo novel and I've seen so many version. Like with Dumas, Victor Hugo wrote any great novels that have been disdained by producers in favor of either Les MIserables or The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Time to crack some reading, tv people! Plenty of interesting plots hidden in something called books waiting to hit the screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine this one is being done just to give the currently popular French actors some work, like with Musketeers and new Monte Cristo.

      Delete
  3. Yep, what Malena said. I am all about finding new books to read lately. I've flitted all over the place, from a few biographies to a few Holocaust novels and even a YA series even though I swore I'd never read another YA book again. Allison insisted though and I try to stay up to date on what she's indulging in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet it is terrible as all YA are. That genre has mostly been dead lately now romantasy is in, historical romance and the latest trend are female pioneers.

      Delete
    2. It wasn't awful, but not something I'd reach for again. I just found a book at the book sale that I read a few years back that's geared toward YA readers that I really liked, so I won't discount all YA books as being crap. It was about survival after Yellowstone's super volcano erupts underground and most of the world gets covered in Ash. Wasn't the typical teen girl coming to save the world but she must choose between two boys YA story. Books like Ashfall I can get behind. Shit like Twilight is a no go though.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.