Wednesday, January 4, 2023

DISNEY TO TURN TUDOR ERA SET DETECTIVE SHARDLAKE NOVELS INTO A MINI TV SERIES! SEE EMMA MACKEY ON NEW EMILY BRONTE PERIOD SET MOVIE POSTER!

  SHARDLAKE NOVELS TO 
BECOME TUDOR SET DETECTIVE SERIES AT DISNEY PLUS
Well, here is our first period set new series to be ordered for production this year: Disney Plus is set to turn CJ Sansom's SHARDLAKE novels into a four part Tudor era set series. Justin Chadwick will direct and sadly that is not a good news as he directed those two atrocities The Other Boleyn Girl and Becoming Elizabeth. The first book in the series, Dissolution, introduces readers to Dr Matthew Shardlake, a hunchback lawyer-turned-detective in Tudor England. He is sent by Thomas Cromwell, the ultimate Tudor powerbroker, to investigate the beheading of Robin Singleton, a commissioner responsible for disbanding monasteries after Henry VIII declared himself supreme head of the Church of England.

   NEW EMILY POSTER  
EMMA MACKEY IS BRONTE!
Emily will hit USA in February
Now, this one already played in cinemas around Europe and did not really get good grades marked as boring and uninspired, but EMILY movie on famous poet Emily Bronte will get a limited release in Northern America from February and you can see the new poster for it today. Starring Emma Mackey, Oliver Jackson Cohen, Fionn Whitehead and Gemma Jones, EMILY imagines Emily Brontë's own Gothic story that inspired her seminal novel, 'Wuthering Heights.' Haunted by the death of her mother, Emily struggles within the confines of her family life and yearns for artistic and personal freedom, and so begins a journey to channel her creative potential into one of the greatest novels of all time.

10 comments:

  1. Nooo, this is so unfair. I've been longing to see the adaptation of the Shardlake novels ever since Sir Kenneth Branagh was to do them about fifteen years ago (he went on to star in WAllander instead). And now stinking Disney has the credits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that he was supposed to do it for BBC, but everything Branagh did in last ten years was deadly boring, so maybe they do it better here, depending on the actor, but the director is godawful.

      Delete
  2. Say no more. Disney putting their hands on another project just spells money grab disaster to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall see after they announce the casting! I have certainly never liked anything they ever did.

      Delete
    2. I'm sure they will release some beautiful trailer that will get the audience excited, but the actual project will suck moth balls. Like what they did with Nutcracker. Oh, it looked so visually beautiful in the trailer and then I sat there watching it like dafuq is this? Waste of 2 hours of my life was what it was.

      Delete
    3. Dafuq would be my reaction to most of what we have seen last year, like all the new shows were borefests. I've just finished ESSEX SERPENT and I am still wondering why did I waste my life on six episodes of pure garbage. There is nothing good to watch anymore.

      Delete
  3. I liked some of the old-fashioned Disney films - still get a lump in my throat when I think of Bambi's mum!!!!! I'm a fan of thrillers with a historical setting but I don't think I've read any of the Shardlake books (note to self about what to look for next time I go to the library). It has the potential to be interesting I think. I'm interested in the work of the Bronte sisters so 'Emily' might be okay - there have been films which have had rave reviews which I've not liked and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shardlake series has, methinks, seven novels so far, so there is a lot to read :) I expect it is good given that is has been translated around the world in many different languages.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.