Wednesday, March 16, 2022

NETFLIX CASTS CORY MICHAEL SMITH AS THE LEAD IN THEIR WW2 MINI TV SERIES TRANSATLANTIC ABOUT VARIAN FRY!


 TRANSATLANTIC WW2 SERIES
CASTS CORY MICHAEL SMITH
Earlier last Autumn I informed you that an eight part series Courage on Demand on Varian Fry, who organised a rescue network in Nazi controlled France, is in works and now this Netflix mini series has been renamed into
Cory Michael Smith will take the lead role
TRANS ATLANTIC with young Cory Michael Smith taking the lead role. Gillian Jacobs, Corey Stoll, Grégory Montel, Lucas Englander, Ralph Amoussou, Deleila Piasko and Amit Rahhav round out the international cast of the series set in 1940-1941 Marseille, and based on the true story of Varian Fry, Mary Jayne Gold and the Emergency Rescue Committee. Risking their lives to help more than 2000 refugees escape occupied France, including many artists on the Nazis’ most-wanted list, an international gang of young superheroes and their famous charges occupy a villa at the edge of the city, where the threat of mortal danger gives way to unexpected collaborations and intense love affairs.
 
WHO WILL BE WHO?
Cory Michael Smith plays a character inspired by Varian Fry. He’s a Harvard educated American journalist who, foreseeing the horrific events of the Holocaust to come volunteers for a job no one wanted: Finding and saving the artists and intellectuals trapped in Europe. Gillian Jacobs plays a
Corey Stoll and Gillian Jacobs will also star in the series
character inspired by Mary Jayne Gold. An American heiress, she throws herself, and her trust fund, into Fry’s refugee rescue operation, excited to dedicate her considerable resources and energy to a worthy cause. Corey Stoll plays Patterson, the American Consul in Marseille who sees the refugees as an existential threat to American values.

20 comments:

  1. We would for sure enjoy this one.
    Don't know about this Cory Michael Smith, and Corey Stoll, who usually plays the bad or annoying one in series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I misread the post and thought it was two diferent shows. I remember a tv movie based on Varian Fry. William Hurt (now resting in Heaven) played the lead. since it is inspired on Fry's doings, i'm curious to see how it will unfold.

      Delete
    2. Yes, sad news about Hurt, although I feel guilty for being unable to remember any of his memorable roles. What would you call his biggest role? I cannot seem to remember any and I feel ashamed of it.

      Delete
    3. Uff can't even begin. Altered States, Big Chill, Body Heat, but the best the must is the one that got him an Oscar: The Kiss of the Spider Woman.

      Delete
    4. Yes, I have not heard of any of those. Did he star in Dune or am I delusional?

      Delete
    5. Yes, WH was in Dune the series in 2000, but his best years were the 80s, before your time.

      Delete
    6. I was already a lil' gatocitto in the 80s, so I remember him from Dune as Paul's father, methinks. That is pretty much the only thing I remember him from.

      Delete
    7. Indeed, Lil’Gattocito (in fact it should be Lil’Gatito, but I like your version better), but you were too Lil’ to see some of Hurt’s best. I recommend The Kiss of the Spider Woman; it is a gorgeous film.
      I just realized that Corey Stoll is my beloved Mike Prince from “Billions.” He is one piece of a sexy hunk.

      Delete
    8. Or Poco Gattocito, or is Poco just an adverb and not an adjective?
      I do ever so love that type of blond, bald men like Stoll.

      Delete
    9. It depends. “Poco” is an adverb of quantity. Like “little money” =poco dinero. “pequeño (a)”is little in size or age, but we use more frequently the suffix -Ito or -ita. So, a kitten would be “Gatito.” The suffix is also an endearment. For example, Mammy or Daddy would be “Mamita” and “Papito.” That would be true for most Spanish-speaking world, except Mexico where they use suffix -cito, -cita. So, its “Mamacita” and “Papacito”, but kitten remains “Gatito”. To complicate matters in the Spanish speaking Caribbean and Colombia-Venezuela region they use -ico, -ica. Therefore, you have “Gatico” instead of “Gatito.” Your choice.
      Corey had hair in The Strain and I thought him utterable forgettable

      Delete
    10. I understand the usage of the endearment suffixes as Slavic languages have them more than anyone else, we also have suffixes for opposite of endearment LOL
      I think I prefer my gattocito :) as I always come up with my own language rules and words too, even in English.

      Delete
  3. Someone who used their trust fund for a good cause? This is one I'd watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it does not disappoint, I like it that there are no overused stars in it.

      Delete
  4. This one does sound good. Let's hope they stick with facts and not just loosely base it on true events. In any case, it's one I'll keep my eyes peeled for on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Cory and Corey they do have the hunk factor in.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.