Sunday, January 13, 2019

NETFLIX ORDERS SHADOW AND BONE EPIC FANTASY SERIES BASED ON LEIGH BARDUGO'S GRISHAVERSE BEST SELLING NOVELS!

'SHADOW AND BONE'
NEW EPIC SAGA AT NETFLIX
The fans of fantasy novels will be happy to hear that Netflix has ordered a TV series adaptation of Leigh Bardugo's SHADOW AND BONE and Six of
King of Scars is the latest Grishaverse novel out this month
Crows novels which are part of the same Grishaverse universe. Writer of their hit movie Bird Box Eric Heisserer will pen the eight episode series!
In a world cleaved in two by a massive barrier of perpetual darkness, where unnatural creatures feast on human flesh, a young soldier uncovers a power that might finally unite her country. But as she struggles to hone her power, dangerous forces plot against her. Thugs, thieves, assassins and saints are at war now, and it will take more than magic to survive. The books have been translated into 38 languages so far.
As you know, Netflix is also preparing The Witcher epic saga with Henry CavillCursed Arthurian Lady of the Lake epic series and The Last Airbender series!

10 comments:

  1. We have quite a few Bardugo-s in Israel, so I googled Leigh Bardugo, and yes, she was born in Jerusalem, raised by grandparents in LA.

    The Bardugo people are of spanish/morrocan descent, so how come she chose Russia for the setting of her novels , and her trilogy is named Grisha (russian name)verse? Not very credible, to me at least.
    There's darkness, violence, danger, magic in Morroco too; even on a more powerful scale than in Russia. Perhaps her grandparents in LA were of russian descent. Her bio doesn't say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wondered where she's from. One of my old publishers is publishing her books here and one of my friends translating. The saga is Russia inspired methinks, but in some dystopian way.

      Delete
  2. In my humble opinion (I'm no writer or translator),even fantasy should have some solid background behind it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dystopia in sf novels is usually a hidden criticism of modern politics.

      Delete
  3. Looks like Netflix is really playing to the SF community. We watched Bird Box tonight. I liked the book better. Jason thought the movie drug on a bit too much. Not bad, but I don't get why everyone is going nuts for the film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it, seems too scary for me, but I see there are a bunch of idiots there who try to go blind in real life for the sake of the trend, like driving blindfolded.... new generations are really helplessly stupid. I blame lack of beatings for it.

      Delete
    2. It wasn't really scary at all. You don't even see what the evil spirit is. I did see where kids are doing the driving with blacked out window challenge. I'd beat my kids stupid if they ever tried pulling that shit.

      Delete
    3. people really need to start beating their kids again!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.