Thursday, January 6, 2022

BREAKING NEWS: BRITBOX' HOTEL PORTOFINO PERIOD SET SERIES TRAILER TAKES YOU TO ITALIAN RIVIERA WITH NATASHA MCELHONE, ANNA CHANCELLOR, MARK UMBERS, LORENZO RICHELMY

  HOTEL PORTOFINO  
PERIOD SET SERIES TRAILER
Britbox has released a trailer for their new period set drama HOTEL PORTOFINO which starts streaming January 27th! Starring Natasha McElhone, it follows a British family who open a hotel for upper class
The series will stream exclusively on Britbox January 27th
travellers on the magical Italian Riviera during the ‘Roaring 20s’. The Hotel has only been open a few weeks, but the guests including the imperious Lady Latchmere (Anna Chancellor), are demanding and hard-to-please. Bella Ainsworth (McElhone) the co-proprietor and moving spirit behind the hotel,
Natasha McElhone leads the cast of the new series
quickly finds herself being targeted by a scheming and corrupt local politician, Signor Danioni (Pasquale Esposito), who threatens to drag her into the red-hot political cauldron of Mussolini’s Italy. The Hotel demands all of Bella’s resources, energy, and focus, but she’s being pulled in other directions, as she
Gorgeous Oliver Dench is Lucian Ainsworth, Bella's son
tries to coax her wounded son, Lucian (Oliver Dench), and her widowed daughter, Alice, towards health and happiness in the traumatic aftermath of World War 1. And then there’s Bella’s aristocratic but caddish husband, Cecil (Mark Umbers), who’s obsessed with arranging an advantageous marriage
The series will stream in six hourlong episodes
for Lucian to secure the future of the Ainsworth family’s estate back in England, and with finding the money to pay for his dilettante lifestyle. Daniele Pecci stars as charismatic Count Carlo Albani, Lorenzo Richelmy
After Britbox, the series will probably air mid February on ITV
as his son, Roberto. And Rocco Fasano plays anti-fascist activist Gianluca Vitali. The series will later on air also on ITV and PBS Masterpiece for American audience. 

12 comments:

  1. Looks juicy with scandal! I want to dip my toes in the water but leave all the drama behind for the other guests lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always some drama in fancy hotels especially where there is awakening of fascism on the horizon!

      Delete
  2. Ohh, good I'll get to see it in Masterpiece, but I'm sooooo dissappointed with ITV/BBC products. I'm still recuperating from watching the first episode of Around the World in 80 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also deliberating on Around the World, but the reviews are so bad, I think I will probably skip it and save it for very very rainy days LOL I started ITV's Long Call and the first ep was good, the lead is hot as hell.

      Delete
    2. I kept on reaching out for the remote control just to remember that it was not streaming. It was so grotesque and embarrassing. I wouldn’t save it for any day. The contempt they had for Verne’s work was evident in their demonization of France and her people, and yet Black Passepartout was angry when an Englishman ran down the French. Have you read negative reviews? I only found two and both complained that the series should have pushed forward the class struggle agenda. WTF?

      Delete
    3. Than I might just skippity skip it all the way! I'm also not sure I will watch The Tourist, but I probably will wait for the whole season to finish before downloading. You have negative reviews on all English sites and pages, from Daily Mail to all others. But I only read British stuff as I like them not being as gullible as Americans. I also loooove their hate on MeAgain, which entertains me to no extent. They do cross the border oftentimes, but are still better than sycophant American audience. Variety is probably the worse, with their adoration of Chalamet, Kristen Stewart, all things woke and Marvel, so I like to leave negative comments there sometimes to piss them off. Deadline too, but they have stronger censorship and won't publish what they don't agree with.

      Delete
    4. Thank you so much. Out of laziness I stick to Rotten Tomatoes that aside from The Guardian (Pooh!), only displays USA and online reviews. I went to The Telegraph, and yes, I agree with them, my only peeve is that they perpetuate a chronological error of the series that made me cringe my teeth. The Telegraph writer says Passepartout’s father was shot for being part of the Communards. The action is in 1872, Passepartout (and his brother corroborates it) left after his father’s execution in 1862. La Commune took place in 1871. There were no revolutions in 1862. It just doesn’t add up. they tend to view the audience as a bunch of ignoramuses who failed math and history courses in school. Do you know what kills me? This is a coproduction of French television, RAI, and ZDF. And still they screwed up. In fact, the Daily Mail shows that BBC viewers were enraged at the wokeness of this pitiful adaptation. By the way, I don’t mind Passepartout being Black, or Fix being female. it’s the discordant presentisms that irk me because they are incoherent. Passepartout is shown as a derelict, Fogg as a privileged White fool, and Fix is a daughter who seems to base her feminist need for independence in a Daddy fixation.

      Delete
    5. I've never followed Rotten Tomatoes as I find their silly grades and marks really rotten LOL
      RAI, ZDF and the French probably had no say, and it is also possible that they all have their own versions, different editing, like when you have different UK and US trailers for certain films.
      Fogg was for me a dashing gent as I remember him as Pierce Brosnan from his gorgeous young days, he was ever so pretty.

      Delete
  3. I'm all in with Theresa's comment on this one! & to think I complain about being overwhelmed? This woman would probably need to drink shots every night just to go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working with people, especially strangers, is the worst nightmare ever! Even on Italian Riviera!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.