Wednesday, June 17, 2020

BEN WHISHAW TO LEAD BBC'S SERIES ADAPTATION OF ADAM KAY'S THIS IS GOING TO HURT BESTSELLER! THE NEST TRAILER FOR JUDE LAW NEW DRAMA

BEN WHISHAW TO LEAD
THIS IS GOING TO HURT SERIES
Ben Whishaw will lead the new series
Doctors, as the biggest heroes of the year together with brave policemen, are getting their own series over at BBC who have set Ben Whishaw as the lead in THIS IS GOING TO HURT the small screen adaptation of Adam Kay’s best selling diaries documenting his time as a junior doctor. AMC will co produce the story that follows Adam Kay, who we find wending his way through the ranks of hospital hierarchy – junior enough to suffer the crippling hours, but senior enough to face a constant barrage of terrifying responsibilities. Adam is clinging to his personal life as he is increasingly overwhelmed by stresses at work: the 97-hour weeks, the life and death decisions, and all the while knowing the hospital parking meter is earning more than him. It is a show about trying to be a good doctor in a system which can sometimes feel like it’s working against you.

'THE NEST' TRAILER
 JUDE LAW IN A COUNTRY MANOR
The Nest arrives to cinemas this September
A trailer has arrived for a new movie drama that should hit cinemas September. THE NEST stars Jude Law as Rory, an ambitious entrepreneur and former commodities broker, who persuades his American wife Allison (Carrie Coon), and their children to leave the comforts of suburban America and return to his native England during the 1980s. Sensing opportunity, Rory rejoins his former firm and leases a centuries-old country manor, with grounds for Allison’s horses and plans to build a stable. Soon the promise of a lucrative new beginning starts to unravel, the couple have to face the unwelcome truths lying beneath the surface of their marriage.

15 comments:

  1. I don't care. You offer me a country manor, with grounds for horses and plans to build a stable, I'm packing up my stuff and will be on the first flight out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was Jude's idea too... I personally much prefer donkeys to horses.

      Delete
  2. I'm certainly no doctor, but I found myself nodding after reading each part of that description right down to the parking meter! Underappreciated and overworked is something many can relate to. I'm all in on The Nest too. What are the unwelcomed truths?! Is one of them having an affair??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad how your people are celebrating criminals these days instead of doctors and policemen who put their heads in the bag every day for us. They give millions for the child of a criminal, yet not a penny for kids of all the doctors who died during corona or policemen who've been killed by looters. It is almost as if we are living in some very distorted new reality which I don't get at all.

      Delete
    2. It's a very sad reality. The good news is, I don't think we're all that way. I believe that the country is very divided right now and I'm afraid of what will come out of it. Personally, I'm anti morons.. not anti-race, not anti-cops, not anti-sexual orientation, etc. There's a lot of loud people in the world, and with platforms like social media, the loudest are heard. Let's start with shutting off their accounts, including the president and his Twitter account!

      Delete
    3. Actually, I have a story for you. Recently my brother was lecturing me how I'm a terrible person for watching the show Cops (which by the way was canceled after 30+ years because of this). I told him that I don't want to talk politics because it's going to end in a fight and we won't change each other's opinions. He responded to me with "Anyone who is silent is racist. If you can't talk about it, then you're racist too." I said "Seriously? You know me and I'm so not racist." He responds with "Racist people are the only ones that say I'm not racist." ... Is this real life? Sigh...

      Delete
    4. People like him are actually racists, the loud, bullying, uneducated and gullible ones, the same ones that prefer public lynchings and cancel culture methods instead of a peaceful change and talk. I've heard about Cops, but what left me shocked with utter libtardism were the calls to cancel Paw Patrol for the same, naturally ungrounded, reasons. My head still hurts from how hard I facepalmed myself at that moment. Utter idiocy and lunacy comes to mind....

      Delete
    5. A lot of my friends and family do not agree with me politically. However, we agree to disagree and can still love each other. What pisses me off are the people who loudly state their opinion followed by a "if you don't agree with me, unfriend me" or "Get out there and vote people" but what they really mean is vote the way I am voting or we can't be friends.

      Delete
    6. That's the sickness of the cancel/woke culture for you, deary. It is the most bullying generation there ever was. Last night they wanted cancellation for that poor blond policewomen on Facebook that said she is afraid to eat out lest some BLM villains put bleach in her coffee. I mean that lady protects you while you sleep, you and your kids, but let us poison her because that is what cancellation generation does, word FASCISTS spring to mind.

      Delete
  3. I'll watch Ben Whishaw in anything! The way doctors are trained is insane and counter-productive. It almost amounts to a bullying, hazing culture, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have to develop a certain insensitivity, but it is definitely a non rewarding life these days. The same goes for teachers and policemen, basically all the professions that do not deserve disrespect and neglect.

      Delete
  4. I love Jude Law so I'll have to give this one a look.

    I have BBC on my cable channels but I don't think I've ever watched anything on the channel. I might have to give it a try and see what they have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They currently have SALISBURY POISONINGS on Sunday nights, it is a huge hit over there. Their Sunday night series are the ones to watch. They start Luminaries this Sunday.

      Delete
  5. Doesn't surprise me that the parking meter is making more than he is. They charge me like $25 every time I have to go to Chicago just to park in their garage for an hour or two. It's friggin' ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.