Sunday, May 20, 2012

HOLLYWOOD SPY SPOTLIGHT ON ENCHANTING EPIC ADVENTURE "RISE OF THE GUARDIANS" WITH HUGH JACKMAN, JUDE LAW, ALEC BALDWIN, CHRIS PINE

You probably know by now that this year will be the year of amazingly cute animated films. With magic from HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON,
 TANGLED and OWLS OF GA HOOLE, animated movies have become the best things in the cinematic offer, and this year we have five very promising animated films: BRAVE, HOTEL TRAN- SYLVANIA, PIRATES: THE BAND OF MISFITS, ICE AGE 4 and RISE OF THE GUARDIANS. The last one is DreamWorks' epic adventure set to premiere in cinemas November 21st giving some of the most beloved fairy tale characters a new spin. Click on the pictures to read characters' profiles.

GUARDIANS STORY
When an evil spirit called Pitch becomes bent upon taking over the world by inspiring fear in the hearts of kids everywhere, a group of our greatest heroes - Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, the
 Sandman and Jack Frost - band together for the first time, determined to stand in Pitch's way. More than a collection of storybook subjects, The Guardians are also a band of superheroes, who possess their own magic 
powers. Now joined in opposition of a common foe, the Guardians heed the call and combine their powers to defeat Pitch and protect the world from his campaign of fear!

GUARDIANS CAST
It's quite possible that RISE OF THE GUARDIANS has the most amazing voice cast ever seen in an animated movie: Chris Pine plays Jack Frost, a supernatural being with weather control powers, Alec
 Baldwin gives voice to North, an unusual version of Santa Clause who is here actually a warrior with a heart of gold, Hugh Jackman is Bunnymund a longeared protector of nature, Isla Fisher is playing 
Tooth an iridescent fairy and the leader of a fleet of fairies which collect kids' teeth all around the world safeguarding their sweetest memories too,  Jude Law is Pitch the boogeyman that hides under your bed and makes you afraid of the dark. With his army of nightmares he is the biggest enemy to the Guardians.
GUARDIAN TIDBITS
Four times Academy Award Nominee Alexandre Desplat (THE KING'S SPEECH, JULIE AND JULIA, THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON) is composing the music for the film. The film is
directed by Peter Ramsey from MONSTERS VS ALIENS.The movie is based on a book by William Joyce. Dwayne Johnson, Ian McShane and Hugh Laurie were all in the run for one of the roles during the production process.

33 comments:

  1. I love the trailer! Good versus evil, especially when it comes to the kids always tugs at my heart strings. Santa looks like a tough guy though...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a gallery of crazy wonderful characters :)

      Delete
  2. Great trailer and descriptions. I can't wait to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice dreamworks usually makes quality movies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I want naughty and nice tattoos just like Santa. Who knew he was such a badass? :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool trailer...I like that kick ass Santa character ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the trailer awhile back, it's a goofy concept, but I have to admit I'm tempted to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like this movie could go either way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks pretty promising - thanks for the post
    Take a stop by my blog and check it out if you get a chance.
    -Sg7
    http://stuffguy7.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the trailer a few weeks back and it is a very weird concept but one I like and think I will surely watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, cat, you saw it earlier this year at my bay :)

      Delete
  10. I am sold I think, last night watched battlefield, why havent I killed myself? My kids..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you probably mean BATTLESHIP :) because that one could cause a person wanting to kill oneself :)

      Delete
    2. yeah battleship. oops! such a pain. I may be belong to tough crowd but this movie was pure guillotine.

      Delete
    3. hope u at least enjoyed the chiselled bodies of Taylor Kitsch and Alexander Skarsgard :)

      Delete
    4. didnt notice that, I closed my eyes and shut my ears and was screaming aloud. And I never even want to know the names of the actors or actresses in that movie. That Liam Neeson guy - I really felt bad for him, shame to his schindler's list movie.

      Delete
    5. I refuse to watch that film since it has that horrid wench Rihanna...

      Delete
  11. I'm so excited about taking my kids to BRAVE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a completely adorable film and I cannot wait to see it. What an incredible cast of voices. Terrific spotlight, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be a super cute film :) Glad you liked the spotlight!

      Delete
  13. Loved the trailer! Looks like a fun family movie, one I will enjoy with my kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOOH! Can't wait. This is going to be a great movie.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.