Wednesday, May 30, 2012

CRAZY TRAILER FOR "TAI CHI O" STEAM PUNK EPIC! BBC'S 'THE LADIES PARADISE"! LUC BESSON'S "MALAVITA" WITH ROBERT DE NIRO! RYAN MCPARTLIN IN "TOUCH" SPINOFF "DAYBREAK"

According to "Digital Spy" one of HOLLYWOOD SPY's fave TV hunks of all times, Ryan McPartlin (CHUCK, LIVING WITH FRAN) will take one of the lead roles in DAYBREAK, which is a  spin-off of
popular TV show TOUCH with Kiefer Sutherland.  Loosely connected to its parent series, it will also star Sarah Roemer (The Event) and Ryan Eggold (90210). DAYBREAK is described as "a series of online films... about the magic of technology and a global conspiracy to control an ancient and powerful object called a dodecahedron".

HOLLY WOOD SPY HEAD LINES
According to "MovieWeb" Relativity Media is developing two interesting new projects in cooperation with Luc Besson's EuropaCorp: MALAVITA, which follows the Manzonis, a mafia family that gets relocated to Normandy, France under a witness protection program with Robert de Niro in the lead role, and THREE DAYS TO KILL, which follows a Secret Service Agent who discovers he is dying and decides to retire in order to reconnect with his family. The Secret Service offers him access to an experimental drug that could save his life in
exchange for one last assignment. Meanwhile, "Deadline" reports that BBC has greenlit THE LADIES PARADISE, an eight episode series loosely based on an Emile Zola’s novel. Set in England’s first department store, the series tells the rags-to-riches story of Denise Lovett (Joanna Vanderham), a young girl who works in the store and gets caught up in the charms of the modern world. Denise is a 19th-century Working Girl – big-hearted, smarter than she’s taken to be and more ambitious than her pretty eyes suggest.

TAI CHI O TRAILER
Since it is a very slow week in the movie news department, my little freaks, the only new clip I have for you is a trailer for something that looks rather amusing and crazy: a clip for Chinese film TAI CHI O which mixes fantasy,
adventure, and steam punk which looks rather interesting in an Asian movie. The film by Stephen Fung, which will be released in USA in early 2013, follows an uncommonly gifted Yang Luchan who has a fleshy abnormality that holds tremendous power growing on his forehead. However, being teased as the town fool, Yang travels to the distant Chen Village to learn TAI CHI. At this legendary village everyone practices TAI CHI and uses TAI CHI in every aspect of their lives. Nevertheless, it is forbidden for a villager to disclose TAI CHI to an outsider, which Yang learns the hard way. Upon arriving at the village,
 locals discourage Yang by challenging him with fights. From the strong men to old ladies to children, everyone defeats Yang with their TAI CHI moves. After facing the toughest battle and being defeated by Master Chen’s beautiful daughter Yuniang, Yang is determined to master the art of TAI CHI and goes in search of Master Chen. Little does Yang know,
the poor strange man who he befriended is in fact Master Chen who had saved him from the duel with Yuniang. Master Chen realizes Yang’s genius and disguises himself to secretly guide Yang to his self realization of TAI CHI. One day, a frightening steam-powered machine comes to
the village, lead by Fang Zijing, a childhood friend of Yuniang. He has bribed government officials to permit him to build a railway that will run straight through the village. Yang decides to join forces with Yuniang to defeat Fang Zijing and destroy the machine. This brave act may just win him the hearts of the villagers… PS don't forget to click on the pics, to see all the wonderful detail on them.

58 comments:

  1. Taichi looks pretty cool. I've not come across Asian steampunk before - I like it :) Awesome music track too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either :) and was pleasantly surprised... with the music as well :)

      Delete
  2. I wholeheartedly approve of anything that Ryan McPartlin wishes to *ahem* star in. I also think that Tai Chi O may be something that I could watch. I really liked Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon plus steampunk has a certain appeal that I kind of like.

    But yes...more Ryan McPartlin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, he can McPart us anytime he wants :) He truly is God's gift to humanity!

      We do love us steampunk elements especially in unusual settings such as this one is!

      Delete
  3. I love those Asian films. They're always so over-the-top yet stunning. Liking the steampunk angle too. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are very fun to watch from time to time, I think I might do a spotlight on some new Asian flicks soon :)

      Delete
  4. Why is the poster for Tachio cartoon, but the movie real-life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the poster and the pics are concept art :)

      Delete
  5. TAI CHI O looks really wild. The trailer was all over the place, looks like it could be a great action film. Daybreak and Malavita both look good! Malavita partly because movies about mafia involving de Niro are always entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it should really be a fun film with that unusual steam punk element

      Delete
  6. TAI CHI O looks awesome!!! I love steampunk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I think Malavito sounds awesome! I'm a huge Dinero fan, and of course I like seeing other views on things Mafioso. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds like you're a mafioso yourself :)

      Delete
    2. Meee? No wayy, fuggedabouttit! lol

      Delete
    3. I don't know, you're Italian, your moma is the boss of the family..... smells like mafia to me :)

      Delete
    4. LOL Maybe you're sniffing the cat...I'm still trying to get him back for the tomato soup explosion :P

      Delete
    5. LOL go ahead and sniff and get a good whiff

      Delete
    6. No thank you cat. I've got my expose of you posted today. The world will now know of your depravity and judge you for it!

      Delete
    7. @Jax and Cat
      ewwww, you're both disgusting... sniffing cat... ewwwwww :)

      Delete
    8. @Annzie
      oooh, that sounds exciting! The cat needs to be judged... and sentenced :)

      Delete
    9. The cat has acquired a new minion. It's Yeamie Waffles. He's a Unionist from up North so I'm not surprised he would turn against another Irish person.

      Delete
    10. hahaha Jax and the cat like to sniff, so what is wrong with that?..haha yeah the Irish are coming around to me too, I guess you better get out of America and back to your homeland before they forget all about you.

      Delete
    11. Annzie, I've noticed that Waffles boy and I think, seriously, that he is in love with the ebil cat. We shall have a gay marriage soon there :)

      Delete
  8. Hooray!! I'm so excited, another DeNiro movie. I just love him. He does drama and comedy so well. And I love wise guy flicks.

    TAI CHI O looks interesting and trying to figure out who that is singing is driving me nuts. It sounds like Korn, but it's not...ugh!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it scares me a bit, you know, sister, that you know about Korn, not to mention that you listen to Slipknot too :)))

      Delete
  9. TaiChi looks really interesting! Dezmond, I seriously love your blog lol Thanks for keeping me up to date with Hollywood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) glad you like the site :) New info every day for you!

      Delete
  10. That was some kind of trailer ~ And I really like the plot line of Three Days to Kill ~

    Hope all is well ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked the trailer and the plot, Heaven!

      Delete
  11. That steam punk movie looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Keifer's show is getting a spin off already? That was fast. If only he'd make the 24 movie, stupid Fox. Nice to see Captain Awesome back too, even if the show needs a new title, as it is the same title as the groundhog day wannabe show back a few years ago. Deniro is always good, mostly and quite the trailer indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I've never watched TOUCH, Keifer is just plain boring to me. I don't get him being popular. But I do positively adore and worship Mcpartlin :)

      Delete
    2. 24 was awesome, but everything else I saw Keifer in was meh at best, Touch doesn't appeal to me either. And yep Captain Awesome should be good.

      Delete
    3. I think I watched 24 once and didn't get it... you have to follow that one carefully methinks...

      Delete
  13. Hey Dezz -- sorry to hear that Serbia did not win the Eurovision song contest. Those friggin' Swedes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy to hear that there's life after Chuck for Ryan McPartlin! I hope Daybreak is better than Touch, though. The latter has sadly become so predictable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he will always have life in my life at least :)
      I haven't watched TOUCH, sounds boring to me.

      Delete
  15. I'm with Sam on Touch. It is predictable and we've only had a handful of episodes. :(

    Tai Chi O looks strangely cool and I can't wait to see The Ladies Paradise. It sounds intriguing and Emile Zola was a brilliant writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it seems most of you agree on TOUCH being bad. I've never seen it, it's not my cup of tea.
      Zola did have some nice work!

      Delete
  16. I couldn't stay with Touch. I wanted to like it, but gave up.
    I'm thinking Tai Chi looks all sorts of strange awesomeness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear that the BBC is doing Ladies Paradise. Even though it will be a year before I get to see it on Netflix. I'm still waiting for them to give Netflix the right to air Sherlock season 2.

    It looks like most of us are interested in Tai Chi O. Very unique looking film. Quite a conglomeration of things all mashed up into a visual feast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, those Asian flicks are good for switching your brain off and just enjoying the visuals :)

      Delete
    2. Congratulations on the 3rd place in Eurosong.

      Delete
    3. thanks, I'm not sure whether we should celebrate or cry :(

      Delete
  18. Three days to kill sounds like a crowd pleaser...I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tai CHi O has wonderful graphics. I haven't watched an Asian movie in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are some good ones released this year!

      Delete
  20. TAICHIO looks awesome. And THREE DAYS TO KILL sounds like it could be an interesting story concept. Yay for anything with Luc Besson.

    ReplyDelete
  21. TAI CHO LOOKS AMAZEBALLS!

    Thanks for sharing Dee, I'm gonna definitely watch this! I don't care if it's in a different language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amazeballs LOL, now that's a new word for me :)
      Glad you liked the trailer, will post something more on some new Asian films soon!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.