Saturday, October 19, 2019

NEW POSTERS FOR BBC & HBO EPIC SAGA HIS DARK MATERIALS WITH JAMES MCAVOY AND NETFLIX ADVENTURE HOLIDAY IN THE WILD WITH ROB LOWE, KRISTIN DAVIS

  'HOLIDAY IN THE WILD'
SENDS KRISTIN DAVIS AND ROB LOWE AMONGST ELEPHANTS
The movie opens the festive season in two weeks
Two rather gorgeous posters for you at the end of the week, the first one is for new Netflix family adventure HOLIDAY IN THE WILD which is launching their two months long season of Holiday programmes November 1st! Kristin Davis and Rob Lowe star as a Manhattanite and a pilot who rescue an orphaned baby elephant. Far from the modern luxuries of home, Kate thrives amidst majestic animals and scenery. Her love for the new surroundings just might extend to the man who shared her journey. You can also check out the trailer below:



  'HIS DARK MATERIALS'
NEW POSTER AND TRAILER ARE IN
Meanwhile, BBC and HBO have revealed the first poster for their ambitious fantasy saga HIS DARK MATERIALS which starts November
His Dark Materials starts this November
3rd in UK and a day later in USA. The eight episode series, based on Philip Pullman novels, stars  Dafne Keen as Lyra Belacqua and James McAvoy as her uncle, Lord Asriel, who plays a senior member of the authoritarian church that Lyra fights against. 

The story is set in an alternate reality where humans are accompanied by magical animal companions called daemons. The evil Magisterium seeks to control this world and all the others connected to it  and the only way to do that is through sick procedures involving children and their sentient counterparts. It’s up to Lyra, and her
The series will have 8 episodes in the 1st season with the 2nd shooting shortly
daemon companion Pantalaimon to rescue the children. Along the way she will also have the help of armoured polar bear Iorek Byrnison who also talks. 

14 comments:

  1. I know her from Sex in the city, good to see her again!☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does mostly TV work these days, methinks.

      Delete
  2. Holiday in the Wild is something that I would love. It looks very like hearted and fun! I need to invest in Netflix. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have Netflix??? :) I thought 80% of Americans have it!

      Delete
    2. We have Prime. I’m too cheap or too poor for multiple services. We don’t even have able anymore!

      Delete
    3. I don't have TV at all LOL :) I've discovered life is more relaxed without TV!

      Delete
    4. What do you use to see the shows/movies?

      Delete
  3. If I could drop everything and go work at an elephant sanctuary right now, I would. I love them so much! I will really enjoy Holiday in the Wild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I get HBO now! So I can watch "His Dark Materials," yay! Great cast. I love the little girl in it -- she was outstanding in "Logan."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still deliberating whether to watch or not, I don't like anyone in the cast except McAvoy. Ruth Wilson gives me creeps any time I see her but they keep pushing her onto us lately.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.