Friday, October 20, 2017

PERIOD SET THURSDAY: RUPERT EVERETT, DAMIAN HARDUNG, JOHN TURTURRO TO LEAD 'NAME OF THE ROSE' TV SERIES! LIV TYLER JOINS 'HARLOTS' COSTUME DRAMA SEASON 2

  'THE NAME OF THE ROSE'
TO BECOME TELEVISION SERIES
Damian Hardung will star in the eight episode series
News from the epic TV series front today as well, starting with the ones coming from Italy, where their national broadcaster RAI will, after scoring major success with Medici saga, venture into adapting Umberto Eco's novel THE NAME OF THE ROSE into TV series. John Turturro and Rupert Everett have already been cast as leads!
  The story which was already turned into a Jean Jacques Annaud movie with Sean Connery, follows William of Baskerville, a 14th century Franciscan monk, as he investigates a series of unusual deaths at a remote monastery. John Turturro will take the role of William of Baskerville, Rupert Everett will be Inquisitor Gui and Damian Hardung will be William's apprentice, Benedictine novice Adso.

  LIV TYLER JOINS
'HARLOTS' EPIC SEASON 2
Hulu is preparing the production of the second season of their historical drama HARLOTS and Liv Tyler, whom we will watch this Saturday
Liv Tyler will play Lady Isabella in the second season
  on BBC next to Kit Harington in Gunpowder epic drama, has been added to the cast.  Set in the 18th century Georgian London, HARLOTS follows the Wells family, led by matriarch Margaret (Samantha Morton). When her daughter Charlotte (Jessica Brown Findlay) places herself in the home of arch rival bawd Lydia Quigley (Lesley Manville), their toxic and deep set rivalry is taken to a dangerous new level. Liv Tyler will be Lady Isabella Fitzwilliam. Long-held secrets keep her in the thrall of Lydia Quigley, and she is an increasingly desperate victim of Lydia’s blackmail. Trapped in a loveless marriage, Lady Fitz will find an unexpected friend and ally in courtesan Charlotte Wells.

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed "The Name of the Rose" as a book but was disappointed in the movie. So I have high hopes for the TV adaptation as a mini-series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the movie as being ghastly boring, but I was just a wee little raccoon back then. I do love Annaud's beautiful visuals, but he tends to make his movies dreary

      Delete
  2. Did you get around to watching Harlots this summer Dezzy? I've been meaning to catch up on that and Jamestown since I was really looking forward to both of those series this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I have them downloaded and waiting for their time in my busy schedule. I did finish Jamestown and loved every bit of it, but it has my dearest friend Stewart Martin in it, and it was shot about 100km away from me. I did finish ROYALS last week, what an end to season three! And am moving over to Gunpowder and The Walking Dead next week now that Victoria has ended too on ITV. I gave up on 9JKL sitcom, it is pure shit, and I also think Will and Grace has a very stale taste, so I'm looking forward to the return of Superior Donuts this month.

      Delete
  3. I do love The Walking Dead. We usually watch it in the summertime after it's already aired a full season so I do get a lot of leaked spoilers, but it's still good. And even though Jeffery Dean Morgan is the villain of all villains on the show, I do find him ever so lovely to look at. I hope they don't kill him off anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope they do :) cannot stand the way he is overacting his role. I generally stopped liking TWD after season 4 when they came upon the Governor, that is when they turned the show into human violence fest instead of zombiepaloosa. The last season left me totally not wanting to watch the new one, but I will because Rick is my man, the rest of the characters annoy me indescribably, especially them villains. I loved the show for psychology and survival not for crazy maniacs

      Delete
  4. Seems like Liv is now showing up everywhere.

    Just reading your comments about TWD- and though I do not watch it- almost all my friends do and they felt the same way after last season. Hopefully this season will be better for everyone.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully, although I'm not raising my hopes up since they always promise it will be better ahead of the new season and it just gets worse :(

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.