Wednesday, October 25, 2017

PERIOD SET DRAMA TRAILERS FOR 'JOURNEY'S END' WITH SAM CLAFLIN, PAUL BETTANY, TOM STURRIDGE, 'WINCHESTER' WITH HELEN MIRREN AGAINST GHOSTS

  'JOURNEY'S END' TRAILER
WITH SAM CLAFLIN, PAUL BETTANY AND TOM STURRIDGE
Two period set drama trailers today, the first one for JOURNEY'S END starring Sam Claflin, Paul Bettany, Tom Sturridge, Asa Butterfield and Toby Jones, set in March 1918 as C Company, led by a war weary
Journey's End is based on the play of the same name
Captain Stanhope (Sam Claflin), arrives in northern France to take its turn in the front line trenches. Told that a German offensive is imminent, Stanhope drowns his fears in whisky while the officers (Paul Bettany, Stephen Graham and Tom Sturridge) and their cook (Toby Jones) try distracting
The movie directed by Saul Dibb is out next February
themselves in their dugout with talk of food and life before the war. They are joined by Raleigh (Asa Butterfield), a young new officer fresh out of training, excited about his first real posting and the chance to serve under Stanhope.



  'WINCHESTER' TRAILER
HELEN MIRREN AGAINST GHOSTS
Ghosts are moving in next February!
The second trailer for today comes for Helen Mirren's period set drama WINCHESTER which is out next February with her portraying the eccentric firearm heiress Sarah Winchester who believes she is haunted by the souls of people killed by the Winchester repeating rifle. So she starts building a monstrous160 room Gothic mansion and she is building a prison, an asylum for hundreds of vengeful ghosts, and the most terrifying among them have a score to settle with the family. The construction of the 24.000 square foot house apparently took almost 40 years as a monstrous monument to a disturbed woman’s madness. The house also
This crazy story is actually based on a real one
has her niece (Sarah Snook) living in it, and also the brilliant Dr. Eric Price (Jason Clarke) whom she has summoned to the house!

14 comments:

  1. Well, since Dunkirk I'm not sure how well any other one will be in my book!

    -Kati
    Almost Stylish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everything is better than that one in my book :P

      Delete
  2. Whoa -- that last scene in the "Winchester" trailer made me jump a foot high! This is certainly a different kind of movie for Helen Mirren. I'm not sure I will go see it simply because I hate horror films, generally speaking.

    "Journeys End" looks intense and heart-breaking. I will definitely go see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too :) Both on jumping and hating the horrors :) And on must seeing Joruney's End.

      Delete
  3. You know, my cousins recently took a tour of the house over the summer. They started telling me about the crazy lady and I was like "woah! I just heard about this mansion and the movie to come from my friend Dezzy at the Hollywood Spy!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the world always hears it first from me :)

      Delete
    2. Of course we do! That's why you are our first stop of the day.

      On a side note, it's infusion day, so as soon as these meds are done getting pumped into my system, I'll be crashing for the rest of the day. I'll be back tomorrow to see what goodies you have in store for us :)

      Delete
    3. I will be sending you positive energy, dear. Try to rest well. I will be off to the book fair in the capital city tomorrow to meet my publishers so I will be late in posting and commenting this Thursday, but will hopefully post something in the evening when I return :)

      Delete
    4. Safe travels dahlink and have fun! Don't forget to send me a pic!

      Delete
    5. you will see it at Facebook if my editors posts it :) We did take a photo together to show to the author of the novel we did

      Delete
    6. Fingers crossed! Make sure to share and tag me if they do post it!

      Delete
    7. hope she does, we both looked a bit fat on it so I'm afraid she might not :)) We shall see!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.