THE DOLL SERIES
![]() |
| The Doll starts September 16th at Netflix |
I have already presented this series to you earlier this year and last year, but costume drama THE DOLL, new Netflix Polish original, is arriving to the streamer Septem- ber 16th next week and you can watch the trailer below.
THE DOLL
(Lalka)
is the ambitious adaptation of Bolesław Prus’ famous classic novel.
Directed by Paweł Maślona the series is set against the backdrop of 19th
century
Warsaw and follows the complex tension between the wealthy
merchant Stanisław Wokulski (Tomasz Schuchardt) and the aristocratic
Izabela
Łącka (Sandra Drzymalska). Written between 1887 and 1889, the
book tells the story of Stanisław Wokulski, a successful merchant who
finds himself
torn between his progressive ideals and his infatuation
with Izabela Łęcka, a haughty and vacuous aristocrat. Covering the
themes of unrequited love, class
conflict and Poland’s stagnation under
the Third Partition the six episode saga will be available for your streaming and enjoyment as of next week, will you tune in?
Warsaw and follows the complex tension between the wealthy
merchant Stanisław Wokulski (Tomasz Schuchardt) and the aristocratic
Izabela
Łącka (Sandra Drzymalska). Written between 1887 and 1889, the
book tells the story of Stanisław Wokulski, a successful merchant who
finds himself
torn between his progressive ideals and his infatuation
with Izabela Łęcka, a haughty and vacuous aristocrat. Covering the
themes of unrequited love, class
conflict and Poland’s stagnation under
the Third Partition the six episode saga will be available for your streaming and enjoyment as of next week, will you tune in?

Can't remember if I have ever watched anything Polish, if I did, then it must have been many moons ago...didn't expect to hear Only You, And You Alone in the trailer...
ReplyDeleteI cannot remember either,but I do have some of their book classics in my home library.
DeleteI'm watching it for the settings and the clothing, but hope the story captures my imagination.
DeleteFingers crossed, although I hate women like her and will probably throw objects at the screen.
DeleteI watched the first episode, loved it! Great acting, clothing, charcters very dynamic.
DeleteI am planning to download it this weekend, and All Creatures new season as well.
DeleteThe trailer looks very good and has made me want to watch it. I already suspect Izabela is going to test my patience. If I end up arguing with the television, I’ll blame you for putting this series in front of me. By the way, yesterday I watched Tuner, directed by Daniel Roher, and it finally gave me a reason to update my film page. Nothing I had seen in recent months had deserved a 7.
ReplyDeleteIs that a bad or good mark? LOL I think I gave that one a skip here at the Spy's because that usual trio = Pacino, Hoffman, De Niro, usually annoys the heck out of me, I do not think any of them is a good actor, they all play themselves all the time, but I know many would kill me for saying so LOL Leo Woodall is nice, but I do not get the buzz around him.
DeletePS I watched The Physician II sequel movie to the famous historical one last night and it was watchable, but not as great as the first film was a decade ago.
DeletePolonia in primo piano, in questa serie che rpende in considerazione amori non corrisposti. Bene la vedremo presto su Netflix.
ReplyDeleteBuona settimana
As presto as this Wednesday!
DeleteI will probably pass on this one. Netflix has been a last resort for me lately where entertainment is concerned.
ReplyDeleteI will watch it as we have so little period set dramas on the telly these days.
Delete