Wednesday, May 2, 2012

EXCLUSIVE TALK WITH SIMON NADER FROM "THE BORGIAS" AND "WORLD WITHOUT END"! JOSH DUHAMEL IN NICHOLAS SPARK'S "SAFE HEAVEN"?

Our ladies will be happy today, since HOLLYWOOD SPY is hosting two hunks in today's post. First comes Josh Duhamel, who is, as "Variety" reports, currently negotiating to take the lead role in the movie adaptation of
Nicholas Sparks novel SAFE HEAVEN for Relativity Media. Sparks' THE LUCKY ONE is currently going quite nicely in cinemas with Zac Efron (it earned around $22 million last weekend) and last year DEAR JOHN with Channing Tatum also became a huge hit,, and the new project, to be directed by always amazing Lasse Hallstrom (CHOCOLAT), will revolve around a mysterious young woman who arrives in a small North Carolina town, after which her reluctance to join the tight knit community raises questions about her past. Slowly, she begins putting down roots, and gains the courage to start a relationship with a widowed store owner who has two young children. The widower will be played by Duhamel, which would be his first time to take a more serious romantic role. The film is scheduled for release next February, so they have to hurry to find the lead actress. PS click if you wanna see the naughty pic from Josh's early days :)

EXCLUSIVE TALK WITH SIMON NADER FROM "THE BORGIAS" AND "WORLD WITHOUT END"
The second treat for you today is an exclusive chitchat with the super charming young actor Simon Nader whom we're watching in THE BORGIAS hit show and who will also star in WORLD WITHOUT
END epic mini series,the follow up to THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH. HOLLYWOOD SPY has asked Simon about his impressions from the sets of these two projects, and he gave us his answers, being extremely kind and nice.
 DEZZ: SIMON, WHICH ROLE ARE YOU PLAYING IN THE UPCOMING EPIC SERIES "WORLD WITHOUT END"?
SIMON I play the role of "Man with Terrier" in WORLD WITHOUT END which means I had a small dog competing with me for screen time! That dog is going to steal the show, I promise. A big star of the future, but one who needed to be controlled with chunks of sausages every now and then. They say don't work with children or animals, but I'd work with that dog again in a heartbeat. He made me look good! I probably got a lot more attention on set than I would have done without a dog too. I've never been surrounded by so many pretty extras!

 DEZZ: I BET THOSE EXTRAS THINK THE SAME ABOUT YOU, SIMON :) HOW MUCH PREPARATION DID YOU HAVE FOR THIS JOB? AND HOW WAS IT WORKING WITH FAMOUS DIRECTOR MICHAEL CATON JONES?
SIMON As my character is from the English west-country, I got to work with a dialect coach and although it's a one-scene role, it's always important to get these things spot-on, for the actor and for the production as a whole. WORLD WITHOUT END is a truly epic mini-series, and the director Michael Caton-Jones has such a great reputation in the industry, so to be directed by him on this was a privilege, especially as he, like all my Scottish side of the family are huge Celtic fans!

 DEZZ: OH, SIMON, HOLLYWOOD SPY HAS ALWAYS BEEN A HUGE FAN OF EVERYTHING CELTIC :) WE'VE DONE A HUGE SPOTLIGHT ON THE SERIES RECENTLY, BUT CAN YOU GIVE US YOUR IMPRESSIONS FROM THE SET?
SIMON As always, I can't say anything about the plot for contractual reasons, but I think this production will blow people away whether they were fans of Pillars of the Earth, or they are just tuning into WORLD WITHOUT END without having seen Pillars. A lot of hard work went into it and there are of course some fantastic actors involved but the production department deserve a massive amount of plaudits. The sets and costume design are breathtaking, and of course there's nothing more helpful for actors than feeling like they are part of authenticity. I'm certain the viewers at home will feel equally transported to an authentic medieval world, and I'd hope that fans of Ken Follet's original novel will enjoy the series too.

 DEZZ: WHAT ELSE ARE YOU WORKING ON? I KNOW YOU HAVE A ROLE IN "THE BORGIAS" AS WELL?
SIMON Yes, I'm also in two episodes of the second series of THE BORGIAS, an equally epic series so 2011 was a great year for me in terms of work. To be involved in two of the biggest productions an actor can be cast in, (and to get to work with the cleverest dog in TV) well, that's not bad at all is it? I really hope the readers of Hollywood Spy enjoy WORLD WITHOUT END; I can't wait to watch it myself.
I'M SURE WE WILL LOVE THE SERIES, AND WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR ROLE IN IT TOO! HOLLYWOOD SPY WISHES YOU THE BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR CAREER, WHICH WE WILL BE FOLLOWING WITH GREAT SUPPORT!

49 comments:

  1. Thanks for the hot pic of Josh *swoons* TLO made already $ 40m in domestic, so I can imagine another NS movie in the works ~

    And thanks for the lovely interview feature ~ Always interesting to read the behind the scenes work ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love Sparks' movies :)
      And glad you liked the talk with Simon, he is ever so nice!

      Delete
  2. Is Josh checking out his name in that photo? ;)

    I enjoyed PILLARS so I'm looking forward to WORLD WITHOUT END

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is, but he ain't seeing anything :)
      I'm sure WORLD WITHOUT END will be a smash hit with lovely actors!

      Delete
  3. Those are some very strategically placed letters, Dezzy. No judgements on why it was the lower case "s" in his name instead of the capital "J" that's functioning as Mr. Duhamel's fig leaf. :P

    And nice interview! Mr. Nader is getting parts in some very impressive shows! I'll be watching. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea why the letter S got the honour :)

      Glad you liked the interview, Simon is such a nice nice guy!

      Delete
  4. wow great post - I'll have to look out for these shows

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for that photo of Josh. My imagination is running down that goody trail right now nom nom nom.

    That interview with Simon was wonderful. He seems so very nice and easy to talk to. Not the least bit stuck up. I'm impressed that he was intent on getting the dialect just right, so many actors won't bother with that. And interesting to know he has a Scottish side to his family. Me love Scottish men.

    When I Google Simon you're interview is the first one to come up in the search. You is loved the world over darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew my ladies would love the pic, Annzie :)
      Simon really is one of those kind and lovely people who deserve all the success that happens to them. And the fact that he worked on the accent even though it's a one scene role, really tells tones about him.
      You know how I love Celtic people too :)

      Oooh, that's wonderful news! We are always high in Google's searches, especially when we cover some great young actor. I'm beyond happy every time I manage to help at least a bit in some young actor getting more web presence!

      Delete
  6. What a cool interview with Nadar. I love that he got to work with both a dog and a voice coach. I'll have to check him out when the epic comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Clarissa, glad you liked what Simon told us, isn't he brilliant?

      Delete
  7. I liked Josh in Las Vegas, that was a great show, besides some sloppy plot holes here and there.

    Still have to watch The Pillars of Earth so I'll be up to date on this one. He really liked that dog haha if only the movie called for a cat, then I could add more fame to my little rhyming bum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, I have to admit that I watched LAS VEGAS for Vanessa Marcil, who is my guilty pleasure :))

      Yep, if the role was for a cat, I'm sure you would've nailed the audition, cat!

      Delete
  8. You always ask great questions!! Loved that surprise chit chat :)

    P.S. I'm drooling over that picture of Josh. I never liked him...but that picture...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Jaxy, glad you liked the chitchat!
      And glad the pic was droolworthy :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Spy! WorldWithoutEndFans here! Glad you featured one of our fave actors, Simon Nader, who we also love from The Borgias! He's such a lovely, lovely man, and so modest!

    Great interview, as always... We LOVE your blog! Now that you've done two of our actors, Simon Nader AND Caroline Boulton, will you be featuring any other members of our wonderful cast?! :-)

    Lots of love, WorldWithoutEndFans (D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have WWE fans here!
      Simon really is lovely and modest! We do love him.
      I would love to do an interview with David Oakes or even with the deadly gorgeous Luke Pasqualino, but I'm not sure if I could get them. I will try!

      Delete
  10. If your in the Borgias... Then its going to be an incredible movie lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we're all into BORGIAS and other epic shows here

      Delete
  11. Another lovely interview and Simon is a lovely guy. I'm looking forward to World Without End.

    That's quite a photo of Josh there Dezz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be an epic show, and he is an epic actor :)
      And that's an epic photo :)

      Delete
  12. WOW - first day out of the A to Z tunnel and this is what's waiting for me!
    I knew the first stop on my freedom run had to be your place...gosh I've missed dropping by my usual haunts...but this was an extra bit of eye candy I didn't expect. (thanks!)

    What a great, and insightful, interview with Simon Nader. I confess I have not seen Pillars of the Earth, but this has inspired me to get ready for World Without End.

    Now...I’ll be spending a little time doing some back reading, looking at your side bar I see I’ve missed some great Hollywood Spy moments.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you've chosen the right time to come out of the tunnel, sister Jennzie :)

      Glad you liked the interview with amazing Simon! You will like both of the mini series.

      Delete
  13. Wow, nice get. I'll wait to see that dog steal the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everybody is, now, waiting to see the dog that Simon mentions :)

      Delete
  14. Wow can see a bit much in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Simon sounded like a real nice guy and that photo of Josh was really revealing:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he really is a nice guy, Lurk!
      Sorry about the photo, I had to do something for the ladies :)

      Delete
  16. Simon sounds like a great person and I'm sure he will be going on to bigger roles in the very near future. Excellent interview as always. :)

    Now in order to remain coherent and actually read your interview with Simon, I had to skip the Josh pic. HOLY GUACAMOLE!!! I am writing this like twenty minutes later you understand. I lost my damned mind on the click. ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for him, he deserves all the success in the fuuture!
      Just twenty minutes later? :PPP
      On the click.... oh that rhymes with something very naughty.... :P

      Delete
  17. I confess, I didn't read anything after I clicked...I was to distracted =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but you must, it is such a lovely talk :)

      Delete
    2. Okay, I came back and read the interview and, you're right - he is a nice guy. Seemed very humble and I loved that he gave appreciation to other members of the cast and crew.

      Delete
    3. yep, I loved that part too! Such a nice man!

      Delete
  18. Stupid reply button will not work today at your bay. But anyway, yeah have to agree with you Vanessa Marcil is a great guilty pleasure to look at.

    And things always go to the dogs, just because they can be trained using food, geez, mutts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when blogger is messing with the reply button, you just have to reload the page once or twice, cat :)
      Glad you agree on Vanessa! Wish she had more roles, she and Lindsay Price were always my fave of the underrated TV ladies.

      Delete
    2. I did reload five times and it would not work. But now it does. Hmph. Yeah I'd surprised she hasn't had more roles too.

      Delete
    3. then it must be that equipment Annzie installed to play with your brain when you try to write something ebil around the blogosphere :P

      Delete
    4. I think of it as a magic button.

      Delete
    5. sure is magic when it keeps the cat away :)

      Delete
  19. Please email me a picture of Josh Duhamel that doesn't have words covering his junk. I really...ahem...LOVE that picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have the link within the post, Mikey :) See what you miss when you don't read each word Dezzy writes :)

      Delete
  20. Naughty, naughty Dezzy!! ;) Won't tell if I clicked ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.