Saturday, February 5, 2022

EPIX GIVES ANCIENT ROME SET DOMINA SERIES SECOND SEASON! 1ST PEACOCK'S VAMPIRE ACADEMY SERIES LOOK! BILLY THE KID EPIC SERIES GETS AIR DATE AND NEW TRAILER

 DOMINA EPIC TV SERIES  
RENEWED FOR SEASON 2
We continue with great news from the epic genre today as well as Epix has officially renewed their Ancient Rome set DOMINA TV series for a second season! Adam Brody's period set horror Chapelwaite is also returning with a
Domina was a success for Epix last year
new season. It is not known whether DOMINA, which followed Livia Drussila (Kasia Smutniak) and her husband Gaius' (Matthew McNulty) efforts to secure power over Rome, will also return to Sky in Europe. Season 2 will
The series also aired on Sky in Europe
follow Livia Drusilla of the prominent Claudii as she fights to preserve her marriage to Caesar Augustus and find a way to seat one of her sons on the throne.
 
 PEACOCK'S VAMPIRE ACADEMY 
TV SERIES FIRST LOOK
Peacock has unveiled a first look at their new VAMPIRE ACADEMY series set at St. Vladimir's Academy which isn't just any boarding school – it's
Vampire Academy is based on the popular set of books
a hidden place where vampire royals are educated and half-human teens train to protect them from the savage 'Strigoi' vampires who would like to see them destroyed. Cast is led by Sisi Stringer, Daniela Nieves, Kieron Moore,
Vampire Academy will air sometime this year on Peacock
André Dae Kim, J. August Richards, Anita-Joy Uwajeh, Mia Mckenna-Bruce, Rhian Blundell, Jonetta Kaiser and Andrew Liner!

 BILLY THE KID SERIES 
TO ARRIVE THIS APRIL
Speaking of Epix, they have set April 24th start for their new series BILLY THE KID an eight episode show that tells the story of Billy the Kid (Tom Blyth) from his humble Irish roots, to his early days as a cowboy and
Billy the Kid will arrive April 24th at Epix
gunslinger in the American frontier, to his pivotal role in the Lincoln County War and beyond. Viewers will also meet Jesse Evans (Daniel Webber),
Billy the Kid comes from Tudors and Vikings Michael Hirst
another famous outlaw and leader of the Seven Rivers Gang. When they meet, Jesse has already embraced a life of crime: robbing stores and cattle rustling.
Tom Blythe takes the lead role of Billy the Kid
Billy is attracted to his wild and reckless character and becomes Billy’s doppelganger of sorts — his shadow self, forever inviting him over to the dark side of life.

13 comments:

  1. Are vampires still a thing? I thought we moved past that already.

    Billy the Kid doesn't look bad. I'm sure it's one Jason will want to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the royal vampires.

      Delete
    2. Talking about vampires, I just began watching Discovery of Witches. Did you like it? Since I don't have EPIX, I'm not into any of these projects.

      Delete
    3. Royal vampires are more exciting than regular vampires then? I think I'll just skip past all vampires at this point.

      Delete
    4. Which season? The first one was boring, the second one also but more watchable as it was in Elizabethan London, and I have not started yet the third and final one, but I do have it downloaded, I hear the reactions of the audience were not overly good.
      Domina was nice, and I'm happy it is getting a new season, too bad it is not on Netflix, it would have better ratings.

      Delete
    5. I’m still on the first season. There are things I like, there are things I don’t. I’m looking forward to the time-traveling season.
      Good question. Why didn’t Netflix pick Domina? Didn’t have enough nudity? The political message was not strong enough?

      Delete
    6. Netflix is always evil towards period set and costume drama, they only like it if it is distorting history like in Bridgerton or if it is very gory like Barbarians.

      Delete
  2. I do like the Ancient Rome costumes and atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very subdued atmosphere, but still watchable and nice. Hope the second season will be more dynamic.

      Delete
  3. Its been a really long while. Vampire Academy film series sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teens will like it, us adults not so much :)

      Delete
  4. I’m with Theresa! I thought we were past the whole vampire trend. I made I through the first round without ever seeing Twilight or True Blood. I’m not sure I’ll make it through a round 2. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd check this one for hunks, though, although I expect it will be utter trash, more suited for CW than Peacock.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.