Tuesday, September 14, 2021

AIDAN GILLEN TO STAR IN NEW EPIC TV SAGA O'NEILL ON THE FAMOUS GAELIC 16TH CENTURY HERO HUGH O'NEILL

 THE O'NEILL EPIC TV SAGA ON 
IRISH 16TH CENTURY DYNASTY
We are starting the week after our massive list of all the epic shows to expect till the end of the year, with yet another truly epic project: as Variety reports, Aidan Gillen is set to star in new eight episode epic TV series THE
Aiden Gillen will star in the series
O'NEILL on Gaelic greatest hero Hugh O'Neill. Stephen Saint Leger of Vikings and Barbarians will helm. Tim Loane (Versailles, Das Boot) will be the show runner for Dublin's Revolution Media. 
THE O'NEILL follows Ireland’s O’Neill dynasty, its most powerful Gaelic lordship, as in 1560 a nine year old Hugh O’Neill is taken from his native Ireland and groomed as an English Lord at the English Court where he forms a tight bond with the future Queen Elizabeth I, only 10 years his senior. Sent back to Ireland after he came of age to govern for the crown, he has to decide between becoming an English landlord or a Gaelic warlord. His decision would mark the greatest threat to England sovereignty until WWII. Aidan Gillen will play Sir Henry Bagnal, Marshall of Elizabeth I’s Royal Irish Army and O’Neill’s bitter arch enemy. Hugh O’Neill managed to unite the clans and start the Nine Years War becoming a sort of a
The O'Neill is envisioned as a four season TV series
rock star for the people of Europe of that time. Many of the clans in the series will have female leaders such as Ineen Dubh of the O’Donnells and Grace O’Malley, the Pirate Queen of The O’Malley,

17 comments:

  1. Not sure that would interest me but I'm sure others will like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be interesting to see first big epic show coming from Ireland.

      Delete
  2. I’m one of the others Nary is talking about. Sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do like everything Ireland related!

      Delete
    2. It calls to my soul. I believe that is where I am meant to be with every fiber of my being.

      Delete
    3. Hope you end up there someday.

      Delete
    4. Probably not. I believe it's awful hard to immigrate there. Last I heard you had to prove that you could maintain a $50,000 per year salary, even after retirement and what's in your savings doesn't count towards that. It won't stop me from dreaming about it though LOL.

      Delete
    5. Well, maybe Jason could find a nice job there and take you with him :)

      Delete
    6. Jason needs to find a nice job here first lol.

      Delete
    7. It is so difficult finding one, most people never find it in their whole lifetime, me included LOL

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That is from his Game of Thrones role, he had amazing costumes there, very dashing and elegant.

      Delete
  4. I would definitely watch this one, but I'm a little confused on how it's related to WW2? I'm assuming his descendants had a big impact? Now that I'm thinking about it, I've never heard much about Ireland in WW2, if at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What WW2? Geez Louise, he started the Nine Year War in the 16th century, not WW2! LOL

      Delete
    2. But... it says this "His decision would mark the greatest threat to England sovereignty until WWII.".

      Delete
    3. Yes, meaning it was such a big threat to England that from his medieval times all the way to the WWII there wasn't a bigger one. In other words he tried to break up the country.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.