Sunday, January 19, 2020

JACK LOWDEN TO PORTRAY A POET SOLDIER IN WW1 DRAMA BENEDICTION! HOPE GAP TRAILER WITH BILL NIGHY, JOSH O'CONNOR, ANNETTE BENING IS HERE

   JACK LOWDEN TO LEAD
 BENEDICTION WW1 BIOPIC
Jack Lowden will take the lead role
Wonderful news for all of us who positively adore Scottish star Jack Lowden. Not only that he has booked himself a new lead role, but it is also a period set project! As Deadline reports, he will portray World War One poet Siegfried Sassoon in BENEDICTION biopic from Terence Davies. Davies, who also directed A Quiet Passion on another poet - Emily Dickinson, will now helm the movie about English soldier and poet Sassoon, who was decorated for bravery on the Western Front, and is best remembered for his poems about the First World War, which brought him public and critical acclaim. Sassoon became a focal point for dissent within the armed forces when he made a lone protest against the continuation of the war.

  'HOPE GAP' TRAILER
WITH BILL NIGHY, JOSH O'CONNOR AND ANNETTE BENING
Hope Gaps opens next March
You can also check out the first trailer for family drama movie HOPE GAP starring Bill Nighy, Annette Bening and Josh O'Connor. In the film which will open in cinemas around the world next March,  Bill Nighy portrays a man who leaves his wife (Annette Bening) for another woman after 29 years of marriage.The film follows  the ensuing emotional fallout the dissolution has on their only grown son, and also how she, unravelled and feeling displaced in her small seaside town, ultimately regains her footing, and discovers a new, powerful voice. William Nicholson, who wrote scripts for Gladiator and Elizabeth:Golden Age, both wrote and directed the movie.

17 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of Siegfried Sassoon so I'm looking forward to this long-overdue biopic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of him before, were his poems nice?

      Delete
    2. Yes, he's regarded as one of the top WW1 poets.

      Delete
  2. I had to giggle because all I could think of is Bill Nighy the Science Guy!! Ugh, how awful. The stories of men robbing women of their best years only to leave them for someone else half their age. It’s a secret fear of all us women, and half the reason Botox is so enticing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would you immediately conclude that she did not rob HIM of HIS best years? Did you not hear in the trailer that he says he tried, but she never did. Some people live in their own world, even more so after a few years or decades of marriage and forget there is another person in it involved. If he fought and tried for years but it just did not work should he die unhappy? As his lover says, there were three unhappy people now there is just one. Even his son understands him. And plus it could be a wake up call for her and it obviously will be as she will remake herself after the divorce. Some people sometimes need a kick in the butt and he gave it to her and in a few years they will all be happy instead of dying miserable.

      Delete
    2. There are two sides to everyone's story. You are right about one thing though, it's better for everyone to die happy instead of dying miserable. At 31 I feel the burn of aging, I can't imagine at that woman's age. In the past week I've had men point out gray hairs, a bulging belly, and even my "old lady hands". Maybe I'm scorned and taking it out on innocent parties. :)

      Delete
    3. Somebody said you have a bulging belly and you did not kill them with your old lady hands right away??? :))) I cannot establish whether I'm gray or not, I think I am, but I'm bald and my beard has always been a mix of browns and blonds.

      Delete
    4. Lol, no, their exact words were “what are you packing on for the winter”. I went in the bathroom and cried. It was my time of the month and I was extra bloated.. but I’ve worn a body binder every night to bed since.

      Delete
    5. You should've sent the criminal to your PR, sounds like they need a seance with him. I did recently ask a friend if she was pregnant because she has a large belly, but I did ad - or are you just fat like me :) It wasn't a workplace though...

      Delete
  3. I can't imagine wasting 29 years with someone I wasn't planning on spending my forever with. But, seasons change and so do people, so I guess sometimes you just have to go where your heart takes you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who says he wasn't planning to spend forever with her.... but when people change, should you stay and rot? It is nasty when they leave you for some very young hot gurl or guy, in this case he just left for someone who actually wants and loves him.

      Delete
    2. Yes, people change, but people also should honor their vows. Last April I demanded a divorce from Jason. I was not in a good place in my life. Thankfully, with a lot of work on both of our parts, we pushed through that rough patch and he stuck by my side until I could get my head in a better place. Marriage is work. Marriage is knowing that people change and grow over the years and we must learn to change and grow with them. I think people give up too quickly on their relationships these days. Divorce is easy. Meeting someone new is fun and exciting at first, but we all come to a part in our relationships where every day isn't a fairy tale. That new relationship spark will fade. We get comfortable and stagnant, but if we're willing to work on it, marriage can last a lifetime, happily. However, if one truly falls out of love, I would hope they wouldn't stay in an unhappy marriage. I do think all options need to be exhausted before going that route though (counseling and such first).

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.