Thursday, January 23, 2020

1ST TRAILER FOR WW2 DRAMA WAITING FOR ANYA BASED ON WAR HORSE AUTHOR'S BOOK IS HERE WITH ANJELICA HUSTON, JEAN RENO, THOMAS KRETSCHMANN!

     'WAITING FOR ANYA'
FIRST TRAILER IS HERE
I guess I did not really expect such bad acting and so many terrible accents in this one, but here is the first trailer for the big screen adaptation of Michael
Stay tuned for the first trailer soon!
Morpurgo's (War Horse) WAITING FOR ANYA which will arrive into British cinemas next Valentines and has been sold for Northern America too. The World War II tale has a rather strong cast (at least on paper) led by Anjelica Huston (who obviously has time to put fresh tacky make up on her face in the middle of war and poverty), Jean Reno, Thomas Kretschmann, Sadie Frost. The story revolves around Jo Lalande (judging by the trailer a rather unconvincing Noah Schnapp), a 13 year old shepherd, and a widow, Horcada (Anjelica Huston), who help smuggle Jewish children across the border from southern France into Spain during the war. Ben Cookson both wrote and directed the movie.

10 comments:

  1. You’re really selling this one hard. Lol. I giggled at the makeup during war part. If you’re going to do something, do it right! Shame on the director..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did not expect for the make up and costumes to look like they were done by Revlon.

      Delete
  2. The story line does draw me in. The terrible accents I can overlook.

    *Think I'm all caught up on your posts for now. We're all done in Cali and just rolled into Oregon this evening. I do love me some life on the road, but I am really looking forward to coming back home this weekend. I miss my bed so much and can't wait until we are together again LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you was coming back next week, did Cali kick you out earlier? :))) You did not bring your pillow with you? Prince Charles even brings his toilet seat with him when he travels.

      Delete
    2. We were gone from last Friday until this Saturday evening. Got home late last night. I did take my pillows and blankets, but sleeping in an RV sucks. Life on the road is not for me unless it is filled with luxuries like a down comforter, a tub I can take a bubble bath in, and automatic hot water without turning on a propane tank and waiting 30 minutes water to heat up. Don't get me wrong, it was fine for a week and I'd do it again, but I do not understand people (like my next door neighbor) who sell their big home to live in a tiny house on wheels.

      Delete
    3. I'd never do it myself either, humans were not born for camping LOL

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen Jean Reno in a movie for a long time. He's a fave of mine! I'll probably go see this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised he is starring in such a subpar production.

      Delete
  4. I think I'd like to read the book the movie is based on. I agree about the accents. Kind of fake. the story might be good, though.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.