Thursday, November 30, 2017

CASTING NEWS: EDDIE REDMAYNE, FELICITY JONES TO GO ON AN 19TH CENTURY ADVENTURE IN 'THE AERONAUTS'! LIU YIFEI TAKES THE LEAD IN DISNEY'S LIVE ACTION 'MULAN' MOVIE

  'THE AERONAUTS' 
EDDIE REDMAYNE TO FLY BALLOONS WITH FELICITY JONES!
Tom Harper will helm Aeronauts!
Casting news today, beginning with Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones who will team up again after The Theory of Everything in THE AERONAUTS a period adventure based on true events about two 19th century hot air balloonists in which, as Deadline reports, Felicity Jones will play balloon pilot Amelia Wren and Eddie Redmayne will be scientist James Glaisher. In 1862, they embarked on an extraordinary journey to discover the secrets of the heavens. In the process, they fly higher in an open balloon than anyone ever has – either before or since. They make breathtaking discoveries, but as they ascend to the highest reaches of the atmosphere, they are forced into an epic fight for survival. War and Peace BBC mini series helmer Tom Harper is directing the movie.



DISNEY FINDS ITS 'MULAN' 
IN CHINESE STAR LIU YIFEI
Liu is also a brand ambassador for Dior and Garnier
Disney, who is in the process of turning a lot of their animated movies into live action ones, has found their lead star for MULAN live action remake to be directed by Niki Caro! The role of the daughter of a legendary warrior who impersonates a man in order to fight in the lines of the Han Dynasty armies against a Hun invasion in the fifth century China, has been given to young Chinese actress Liu Yifei also known as Crystal Liu. As The Hollywood Reporter writes a team of casting directors visited five continents and saw nearly 1,000 candidates for the role, which requires credible martial arts skills! Hollywood Spy is no stranger to Liu as we've mentioned her many times over the years when she starred in epic movies Forbidden Kingdom, alongside Jackie Chan and Jet Li, Outcast, opposite Nicolas Cage and Hayden Christensen and earlier this year in Once Upon a Time.

20 comments:

  1. I've never seen a good movie about balloonists yet. Will this one fly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wonder who let them steal the title, there's an epic fantasy novel AERONAUTS on nations who actually sail on galleys and ships through clouds :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen any movies about balloonists yet- but this does sound interesting to me.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure does, too bad Felicity is as interesting as watching paint dry

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful pic for Mulan. I never did see the animated film, but I'd be game to watch the live version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you notice how I made an ellegant gradation from Eddie's grey suit and peachy socks to her peachy gown and grey background? :) PS the live version won't have songs in it

      Delete
    2. You know I always love how you color coordinate your blog pics ♥

      Delete
    3. I do that in life too :) I even match my socks to my outfits LOL

      Delete
    4. That's because you are super fashionable. I, on the other hand, am horrible at putting pieces together so I just stick with the basics.

      Delete
    5. You are? What about your girls? My mind works naturally in combining stuff even while I'm shopping, colours have always been to me one of the very few joys of life.

      Delete
    6. Mariah is even worse than I am. Allison, however, is a little fashionista. Girl was wearing my high heels ever since she could walk. She would even wear her little plastic heels outside to ride her bike. I swear, she has nothing but clothes and makeup on her Christmas list this year. I can't wait to see how much her proms are going to cost me :(

      Delete
    7. he he start saving :) Do they have small prom too in America? We have a small prom at the end of primary school (eight grade here) and big prom after the end of high school.

      Delete
  4. No, but starting in 9th grade they have homecoming dances. Nothing quite as fancy as prom though, but the girls to like to get dressed up for it. Junior prom is in 11th grade and then the major prom is senior year. I'm sure that girl is going to demand a wedding gown from Paris. We definitely need to start saving like yesterday lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope she finds a prince for the prom until then :) How is Shaggy doing? Are he and Mariah hanging out together at college?

      Delete
    2. Mariah and Shaggy broke up in June :( They aren't friends anymore, but he is dating her roommate now so she still has to see him from time to time. I am still friends with him on social media and we chat occasionally and I get updates from his mom. I do hope they can at least be friends some day. I really miss him :( :( :(

      Delete
    3. Oh, noes! Da hell? She's really gonna marry science instead some guy :)))

      Delete
    4. No, she's found someone new to date, which I believe is the cause of their breakup, but Mariah won't admit it. It's been quite a mess since she started college, but we're just letting her do her thing for now.

      Delete
    5. ooh, sounds spicy! Youngsters do tend to find or start a new life at college and get rid of all the appendices from the past. Maybe it is for the better, she should explore life now while she is not bothered by working and bills. Poor Shaggy, did he end up with a broken heart? And what a sweet revenge if he's dating her roomate LOL Oh, kids, these days... hope they both have fun

      Delete
    6. I think Shaggy is just fine. I really adore the roommate, so I can't be too bitter that him and Mariah aren't a couple any longer. Mariah is actually good friends with her roommate. They all went to high school together. Allison is best friends with the roommate's sister and Shaggy's mom was their lunch lady last year. I swear, it's a friggin' soap opera around here.

      Delete
    7. I think that most people date within their circle of friends, the person who is supposed to be my brother has three male friends and one female friend from high school and she dated all three of them at a time :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.