Monday, November 6, 2017

ASIAN SUNDAY: EPIC FANTASY TRAILERS AND POSTERS FOR 'MONKEY KING III: KINGDOM OF WOMEN', 'THE GOLDEN MONK', 'LEGEND OF THE DEMON CAT'!

The movie is out next February
'MONKEY KING III' 
IN THE KINGDOM OF WOMEN!
While Hollywood is sleeping and you are probably enjoying Thor Ragnarok in cinemas near you (it is hitting well above $110 million in USA) you may also feast your eyes on something equally epic: new posters and trailers for some of Asia's most magnificent of the upcoming epic fantasy films. The long awaited sequel to one of China's most lucrative movie franchises ever MONKEY KING III: KINGDOM OF WOMEN (sometimes also known as Land of Beauty) has just got its first teaser and gorgeous posters! Based on legendary Journey to the West story, it will monkey its way into theatres next February around China's biggest holiday - Chinese New Year!
  MONKEY KING III STORY
As Tang Sanzang (Feng Shaofeng) and his three proteges head into the all female territory in the Xi Liang nation known as Women’s Country, they meet the ruler of the country (Zhao Liying). On Sun Wukong (Aaron Kwok)'s suggestion, Tang Sanzang pretends to marry the ruler and lies that his three students will go to fetch the scriptures in place of him. Later, he pretends to see his students off and escapes with Sun Wukong's help when the four of them are safely outside the city.



  'THE GOLDEN MONK' 
NEW FANTASY ADVENTURE
First gorgeous character posters and and an interesting movie teaser have also been released for another epic adventure coming from China  soon THE GOLDEN MONK! This fantasy action, directed by Wong Jing and Billy Chung is  playing in motherland cinemas lter this month.
  ONE TRUE FAIRY LOVE
The story of the movie revolves around a monk who realises he is the reincarnation of a fairy spirit cast down from heaven and sets out to find his one true fairy love. The cast is lead by Zheng Kai, Zhang Yuki, Xie Yilin, Mao Junjie, Wong Cho Lam and Law Kar Ying.



  'LEGEND OF THE DEMON CAT' 
 MOST EXPENSIVE FILM SET EVER
A few rather lyrical and lovely movie posters and a mind blowingly rich trailer have also been released for Chinese fantasy mystery film LEGEND OF THE DEMON CAT which should arrive into Chinese cinemas at the end of the year, sometime in December! Directed by Chen Kaige, it has the story based on the novel Samana Kukai! The movie taking place in the Tang Dynasty, sees a demon cat appear and break the peace of Chang’an City, causing a series of strange events. Poet Bai Letian (Huang Xuan) and Monk Kukai (Shota Sometani) join hands to investigate the death of Concubine Yang by following the trail left by the cat and unveiling a buried fact. The film, which will premiere next year at Berlin International Film Festival, was shot on the sets which cost shocking $200 million to build and five long years to create and construct! According to reports that I have heard the expensive set will be turned into a theme park.

18 comments:

  1. "Legend of the Demon Cat" is my very first starring role, Dezz, and I must say -- I am MAGNIFICENT in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly, Your Sublime Royal Feline Higness, I immediately thought of you when I saw the trailer!
      Secondly, I'm extremely honoured and humbled to have your royal visit at my imperial headquarters.
      Thirdly, we need to talk about your human Debs, she's been playing with skeleton rats recently, what a scandalous betrayal of everything feline from her.

      Delete
    2. Hey, hey, HEY, you two, I READ THIS you know.

      Delete
    3. and what do you have to say for yourself, missy?

      Delete
  2. The Asians always have such beautiful movie posters. I especially love the ones for The Golden Monk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the gowns in the Demon Cat, aren't they a work of art?

      Delete
    2. absolutely. By the way, we have a new Chinese mall in the city LOL You'd probably have some fine time choosing cheap stuff for the kitchen in it. I'm waiting for Christmas offer in them in a few weeks. And I'm waiting for my Avon delivery today as well with a few cute treats for myself :) I have the nicest Avon gentleman who brings me lovely little things.

      Delete
    3. Well, if you buy anything for the kitchen from the Chinese shop, be sure to share pics! You know I do love their cheap kitchen junk ;) We have a Chinese store in our mall but they only have knick knacks and clothes. Nothing for the kitchen which is so disappointing.

      I used to have a little old man bring me Avon when I worked at the mall (over 20 years ago). I'm sure he's long since passed, but you just brought back lovely memories of him. What did you buy from Avon deary?

      Delete
    4. Our Chinese shops sell kitchen stuff because we have no other shops for such things here, sadly :( at least not in my town. You'd have such a splendid time buying silicone molds for pralines and muffins there, they have them in all shapes and sizes and also all kinds of plates and dishes, all cheap as cheap gets.

      I think you can find Avon catalogue at their US website and when you order and type in your address they will offer you a list of Avon ladies who are closest to you and they will bring the goods to you for free along with a fat new catalogue :) I'm waiting for a new one to arrive today or tomorrow (our post is on strike currently so we have delays). I ordered some antiperspirant deodorant, some lotion for blackheads, body spray with cranberry cinnamon fragrance and a heel cream with the scent of vanilla and sugar :) Next two catalogues will be festive ones, so I'm looking forward to them :) I'm currently using their cherry blossom and their cocoa handcreams and they're lovely.

      Delete
    5. Ooh, those Avon goodies sound wonderful. A splendid way to pamper yourself. My mom used to get those little lipstick samples all the time from them and they were such a delight to play with. I know we still have Avon here, I just don't think they are as popular as they were back in the 80's and 90's. Mary Kay has lost a bit of steam in these parts too. I think people prefer the convenience of ordering online and not getting badgered by the sellers every month to buy new things. I'm going to have to get online and order some Skin So Soft. It was always a favorite of mine from Avon.

      Delete
    6. Yes, we get present samples every time too, either face creams or little perfume samples once even a whole tube of face cleaning gel :) The sellers don't badger you at Avon, you order things online and they just bring it to you, no obligations to buy anything each month and no price limit. And they always have such lovely discounts where you get three for one. My mom usually gets lovely nail polishes (they even have glittery ones LOL) and lipsticks from them when we place an order. They have cute things for girls too, which Ally would probably like. We don't have Mary Kay, just Avon and Oriflame (which is much more expensive).

      Delete
    7. That's good that they don't bother you. Our sellers here do. They'll add you to Facebook groups, bombard you with messages and emails, text to see if you want to order anything. It downright turns me off of the products and people when they do that. I have a cousin who is started to sell things now and half of my Facebook feed and most of my notices are for junk she's trying to sell me. It's exhausting!

      Delete
    8. there is such option at Facebook which helps you to unfollow pests :)) without unfriending them :)

      Delete
    9. Yes, I must do that. I have quite a few pests on my list that drive me bonkers on a daily basis.

      Delete
    10. Facebook is currently experimenting on a few countries, among them mine, and they pushed all the pages updates in new Explorer Feed and left the friends updates in regular feed. Since I follow almost nobody of my friends there :)) the regular feed is now mostly empty or has the same update staying there on top for weeks LOL Explorer Feed now shows you all the possible updates from the pages you liked, but without the MOST RECENT option so it is all jumbled (designed to extort more monies from page owners of course, so that only if you pay your page update might appear in the regular feed as well). If this works in my country they will push it onto you as well soon :)

      Delete
  3. I'm back! Did you miss me? Say yes.
    I love all things Asians--the color, design, mystery--you name it. What gorgeous dresses, and look at those dragons. My kind of critter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed we did :) I know you spent some time there!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.