Wednesday, June 16, 2021

FIRST LOOK AT HENRY GOLDING, COSMO JARVIS, DAKOTA JOHNSON IN NETFLIX' JANE AUSTEN PERIOD SET ADAPTATION OF PERSUASION! A FAIRY TALE AFTER ALL FANTASY MUSICAL ENTERS SALES AT CANNES

  FIRST PERSUASION PHOTOS 
WITH HENRY GOLDING ARE HERE
You already know that Netflix is preparing their own movie version of Jane Austen's popular novel PERSUASION and now you can get a look at the leads in it through the first photos of Henry Golding (as Mr Elliot),
First look at Henry Golding  as Mr. Elliot in Persuasion
Dakota Johnson (as Anne Elliot) and Cosmo Jervis (as Captain Wentworth) in their roles. In this new version with modern vibes, Dakota
Cosmo Jarvis is Captain Wentworth in the film
plays Anne Elliot , an unconforming woman living with her snobby family on the brink of bankruptcy. Unmarried and 27-years-old, Anne reconnects with a man (Jarvis) she was once persuaded to reject and faces a second chance at
Jane Austen wrote the novel back in 1817!
love. Richard E. Grant, Suki Waterhouse, Edward Bluemel, Lydia Rose Bewley and Yolanda Kettle also star. The film will stream at Netflix sometime next year. 

   A FAIRY TALE AFTER ALL   
A FANTASY MUSICAL MOVIE
As Variety reports, Premiere Entertainment Group has acquired worldwide rights to the movie musical fantasy A FAIRY TALE AFTER ALL and
The movie is being sold at Cannes
will be selling it at Cannes market. A teenage outcast girl finds herself confronted by whimsical characters when she is transported into a world of fantasy and fairy tales while attending a school marionette show. She comes to realize her own imagination has an adventure already scripted for her that carries more wisdom than she could ever find alone in the real world. The family film stars Emily Shenaut as Sky, a high school teenager who is magically transported to the fairy tale Kingdom of Celestia, where the villagers know her as Princess Geneva. She sets out on a daring journey to rescue her father, the King, from the evil forces of Madame Mizrabel and her slapstick sidekicks.

29 comments:

  1. I like musicals, still remember when I first watched Hair, Grease...just great! But not sure a fantasy musical..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them too, they are sadly rarely good, I think the last one I liked was The Greatest Showman and Moulin Rouge before that.

      Delete
  2. I like Dakota Johnson. I might have to give that a watch.

    I don't like musicals. So I doubt I would watch that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both very different from each other, but both look like they have potential

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both my daughter and I both agree that is the trailer of nightmares, not a fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it looked rather like Muppets LOL

      Delete
  5. No to Dakota Johnson. She’s so monotone, it’s a wonder why she still gets work.

    Yes to Fairy Tales. It has sort of a Labyrinth vibe to it, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jim Hanson vibes. The director, a rather nice chap, retweeted us last night.
      Agreed on Dakota. All them celeb kids are boring.

      Delete
    2. I miss the days of Jim Henson. I hope we see more works like Fairy Tales/Labyrinth/Dark Crystal in the future!

      Delete
    3. Did you watch the Dark Crystal series recently?

      Delete
    4. I did not. There wasn't much television watching this past year with getting my business up and running along with home renovations. I was thinking I'd save that one for this fall. Did you watch it? If so, was it any good?

      Delete
    5. I haven't I thought the trailer was too dark and weird for me LOL I might, though.

      Delete
    6. Dark and weird is what draws me to it LOL!

      Delete
    7. I know, you're crazy like that.

      Delete
    8. I'll assume that's why you love me. You can be the light and I'll be the dark. Yin and Yang, we are!

      Delete
    9. No, I love you for being kind, caring, dear, loving and for suffering me for over a decade LOL And I think we love each other because we understand the suffering we both went through in our early lives. That understanding is very important methinks.

      Delete
    10. Absolutely and all very valid points ♥

      Delete
  6. Yeah, not into that fairytale musical... But then again, I did watch High School Musical. All of the movies. And now the TV series, lol! 😜 TBH, watching the series just because of FOMO, not because I like it or anythin'.

    And Henry Fielding, btw? I'm sure you meant Henry Golding. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG how did I rename him Fielding? LOL Corrected it, hope he did not see it!

      Delete
    2. LOL, happens to all of us. Great. 👍🏻

      Delete
    3. I was probably too smitten LOL

      Delete
  7. I dont like musicals but this looks very colorful and fun.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.