Monday, July 3, 2017

PREMIUM SPOTLIGHT ON SUPER DYNAMIC 'WILL' TV SERIES ON SHAKESPEARE'S PUNK ROCK YOUTH WITH LAURIE DAVIDSON!

'WILL' EPIC TV SERIES
PUTS THE BARD IN A PUNK ROCK 16TH CENTURY SETTING
Laurie Davidson plays the lead role
I'm really hoping this one will bring some light into ghastly boring summer of 2018 which hasn't brought us anything fun so far, especially in the deeply unsettling and tragic aftermath of the spring series cancellations and pilot rejections! TNT is ready to start airing their new hip epic series WILL from Monday July 10th (it will be a two hour premiere, but I think the first episode is already available at their app and I also believe TNT will air the show around the world too on its regional cable channels) mixing
Will broke onto Elizabethan theatre scene as a kid from a poor sheep town
the setting of the Elizabethan London with modern punk rock music soundtrack because that is what it was back then: theatre scene with its
Laurie Davidson is the shinning star of the new series
crazy adoring crowds and actors as superstars with tons of sex, booze and parties. The wild, rowdy story of young William Shakespeare
The series was originally meant for HBO before they got their GOT
(played by super lovely and sinfully cute Laurie Davidson) aims to expose all of Shakespeare's recklessness, lustful temptations and tortured brilliance.

BEFORE HE WAS SHAKESPEARE HE WAS KNOWN AS WILL
'Will' starts July 10th on TNT
As Will opens, a young William Shakespeare has just arrived onto the punk-rock theatre scene in 16th century London. It is in this seductive, violent world that his raw talent faces rioting audiences, religious fanatics and raucous sideshows. Attracted to Will's naïve genius is Alice Burbage (Olivia DeJonge), the talented, beautiful and rebellious daughter of James Burbage (Colm Meaney), the carpenter whose vision led him to build the first theatre in London since Roman times. Despite being the daughter of an impresario, Alice is forbidden by society from pursuing a
Laurie prepared for the role reading Shakespeare's work
career in the theatre. Her brother Richard Burbage (Mattias Inwood) is innately talented as well, but too much in love with himself and
Shakespeare was a great rival with Christopher Marlowe
prone to overact. But a chance encounter at the theatre leads him to team up with Will in what would soon become the greatest actor-writer partnership the world has ever seen.

DIRECTED BY SHEKHAR KAPUR!
The very dynamic, roving shooting style in which the ten episode series was shot in order to make the viewer a part of the 16th century
Caroline McCall did the punk rock costumes for the series
theatre audience, is the work of famous director Shekhar Kapur (Elizabeth, Four Feathers) who is helming this series.  The rest of the cast also includes always under performing and weak Jamie Campbell
Olivia DeJonge plays Will's love interest Alice Burbage
Bower as playwright, poet and chief Shakespeare rival Christopher Marlowe and Ewen Bremner as wealthy and notorious law enforcer Richard Topcliffe. 

18 comments:

  1. I'd give at least the first episode a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling it will be gay and lezbifriendly, Debs

      Delete
  2. I have had this one written in my calendar for months. I am most definitely looking forward to the premier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can already find the first episode on TNT drama app on your phone, methinks, but just the first episode, while the TV premiere will have a double opening episode next Monday

      Delete
    2. I have it added to my Firestick to watch as soon as a few episodes build up so I won't catch it on TNT. On another note, I wanted to beat the hell out of Jason. I saved Genius for us to watch together, then came home from the gym last week and he's already been watching it without me! What an ass! *I did forgive him once I caught up though*

      Delete
    3. I still haven't seen that one, all my shows (except Poldark) have ended so I'm currently catching up on Versailles second season and the new season of Dark Matter, and also savouring the last season of Baby Daddy and filling up the rest with Mercy Street, which is shitty but good to pass the time. I will move over to Will and Still Star Crossed next week. Star Crossed is being cancelled, the lead actress is probably the worst lead star I've seen in me sad life, but I have hots for Benvolio in it, so I'm sticking with it. After that I will use the rest of the summer to catch up on all the shows I've downloaded over the year from ROYALS to INTO THE BADLANDS, to HARLOTS, JAMESTOWN and TABOO.

      Delete
    4. Sounds like a solid plan! Jamestown and Harlots are next on my list of shows that I want to catch up on this summer.

      Delete
    5. Hope we will like Jamestown, I have such a tender spot for Stuart Martin in it, he follows me at Twitter :) And we must check out the second season of THE DURRELLS too, you would like that one with kids, methinks, tons of animals both human ones and the real ones in it :)

      Delete
    6. I definitely need to put The Durrells on my list. Forgot about that one!

      Delete
    7. both you and the kids will love it, it has animals in it :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm, this doesn't excite me much. I guess I like my historicals to be more...well, historical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, this is for the young modern crowds, I guess :)

      Delete
  4. This one has been in the works for a while. It will be interesting to see how it is received.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, they originally meant it for HBO, then they moved over to TNT and now it is finally coming up

      Delete
  5. I can't say that Davidson inspires me much as a young Shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't care for the look in his eyes. I know, I'm that shallow.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.