Saturday, September 5, 2026

NETFLIX ANNOUNCES THE SECRETS OF THE COURTESAN 19TH CENTURY SPANISH COURT SET COSTUME DRAMA WITH CARLOS CUEVAS

  SECRETS OF THE COURTESAN  
NEW NETFLIX PERIOD SET SPANISH SERIES
Beside the ones I announced earlier this week, Netflix is also preparing another Spanish original series THE SECRETS OF THE COURTESAN (Los Secretos de La Cortesana) based on the book by Estefania Ruiz about palace intrigues in 18th-century Madrid with our boo Carlos Cuevas in the lead role. The spicy romance between main characters Julia (Carla Campra),
Carlos Cuevas and Carla Campra are taking the lead roles
 daughter of the court’s painter, and heir to the throne Gonzalo (Carlos Cuevas), will make its way through marble corridors, political intrigue and parties, while a secret society of women conspiring to change the rules emerges in court. This story of ambition, jealousy and impossible love was shot in Madrid and Segovia.

8 comments:

  1. I never seem to find any middle ground with Spanish period dramas: I either enjoy them or they annoy me so much that I cannot judge them fairly. I quite liked Isabel at the time. Even though this one is based on a novel, I will be watching the historical details very closely, because few things irritate me more than a period drama that gets them wrong, and Spanish productions often do. I will give it a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, especially when they cast too modern looking girls to star in period set pieces, which Spaniards often or almost always do.

      Delete
  2. Haven't watched any Spanish series in a while..hopefully, this is a good one. I am still watching a lot old Brit series from youtube..some are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the Christmas love comedy one on Netflix with Carlos Cuevas in which he played a barman who falls for a hot architect guy,that was the last Spanish one and the Chilean about the apocalyptic snow that falls in the middle of summer and kills people.

      Delete
  3. I don't recall having seen any Spanish series, Dezmond. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to watch their costume dramas, but now they are difficult to find and watch.

      Delete
  4. I doubt I would watch this.

    Blogger has been glitching for me for days. Seems like they might have fixed the commenting problem for now though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep they fixed the comments but the blogrolls are still poorly updated.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.