Saturday, August 19, 2017

PERIOD SET FRIDAY: FIRST PICS FROM 'MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS' WITH SAOIRSE RONAN, 'HAPPY PRINCE' WITH RUPERT EVERETT, COLIN MORGAN,COLIN FIRTH

'MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS'
FIRST SAOIRSE RONAN PHOTO!
First photo has been released for historical drama MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS showing Saoirse Ronan as the Scotish ruler. The movie is currently shooting in United Kingdom under the helm of Josie Rourke. Margot Robbie stars as Elizabeth I, Jack Lowden is Lord Darnley, Joe
The 16th century film has started shooting in UK
Alwyn is Robert Dudley, Martin Compston is Earl of Bothwell with Guy Pearce, Brendan Coyle and David Tennat also in the cast! Gemma Chan will be one of Elizabeth's ladies.
MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS explores the turbulent life of Mary Stuart. Widowed as the Queen of France at 18, Mary defies pressure to remarry and returns to her native Scotland to reclaim her rightful throne. But Scotland and England fall under the rule of the compelling Elizabeth I. Each young
The movie will mostly focus on her effort to overthrow Elizabeth
Queen beholds her "sister" in fear and fascination. Rivals in power and in love, and female regents in a masculine world, the two must decide how to play the game of marriage versus independence. Determined to
First unofficial photo of Margot Robbie as Elizabeth i!
rule as much more than a figurehead, Mary asserts her claim to the English throne, threatening Elizabeth's sovereignty. Betrayal, rebellion, and conspiracies within each court imperil both thrones, and change the course of history.

'THE HAPPY PRINCE' PHOTOS
WITH RUPERT EVERETT, COLIN FIRTH AND COLIN MORGAN
First photos have arrived for another period set project: Rupert Everett's movie on Oscar Wilde THE HAPPY PRINCE which boasts the most stellar of casts including Colin Firth, Colin Morgan, Emily Watson, Miranda Richardson and Tom Wilkinson
Colin Morgan plays Oscar's lover Lord Alfred Bosie Douglas
HAPPY PRINCE IS THE UNTOLD
story of the last days in the tragic times of Oscar Wilde. This great mean of letters, once one of the most famous authors in England, is now a superstar on the skids. We are taken through his last nocturnal ramble through Paris. Totally inebriated Oscar falls off a table at a Varieté. In
The movie has been both directed and written by Rupert Everett
bed, dying, the past floods back. Friends appear. The room expands and shrinks inside his addled head, transporting him to other times and places. We immerge into the great love stories of Oscar Wilde, notably his relationship to Lord Alfred Douglas, which observed under the microscope of death is revealed for what it really is - a passionate affair
Colin Firth plays Reggie Turner in the movie
based on snobbery. And yet, through the smoky fumes of absinthe and cigars, appears a twinkle of love: Robbie. Sternly devoted to Oscar like no other friend ever has before, true and faithful. Oscar's visions intensify. Past scenes of passion, injured pride, ignorance and humiliation are reviewed in his minds eye.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. with that cast especially! Although I do always imagine Wilde as Stephen Fry, he even lives his life

      Delete
    2. he even has a young husband!

      Delete
    3. he suffered from suicidal depression before he met his young husband who helped him cure it

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to "The Happy Prince" -- I love any movie about Oscar Wilde!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These both look quite good. I need to catch more period pieces. I fear I've fallen behind in them this year :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did not you torrent Poldark this summer? Victoria starts next Sunday on BBC!I'm wildly enjoying Jamestown currently on my Friday evenings after I finished the second season of Versailles. I've also massively enjoyed The Man in An Orange Shirt, twas lovely ...I feel my life would be tragically empty without period set series from UK and Europe

      Delete
    2. I have Poldark on my Netflix lineup, but this summer was super busy, we hardly watched a thing! It took us all summer just to finish up the remainder of Last Man Standing. Now that the girls are back in school I'll have a little more free time to sit down and watch some films and t.v. shows. I see you were watching My Cousin Rachel. How was the film? I still have the book in my library queue that I wanted to read, along with The Handmaiden's Tale, but those got pushed to the back burner this summer too. Hopefully, I can have both of those read by Christmas though and get caught up on the film and show.

      Delete
    3. You have my opinion on Rachel over at my Facebook, I generally did not like it and felt like crying because of it :( But you haven't read the book, so you might like the film on itself, I don't know.

      You can download Rachel from Yify, they've uploaded it this weekend

      Delete
    4. How disappointing the film suck. I have it in my torrent queue, but now I'll move it down the list and watch something worthwhile. I'll save Rachel for a rainy day I suppose :(

      Delete
    5. but then again, I haven't liked a movie in years, methinks. Every movie I watched this year was shitty to say the least. I almost died three times from boredom watching INTO THE WOODS last weekend,THE GREAT WALL too, SING as well. Maybe I no longer have nerves to watch a whole movie.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.