Another new period set series coming over from Russia that I have to present to you is DUBROVSKY: RUSSIAN ZORRO which will start streaming on online cinema PremierSeptember 30th and will air on linear TV3 sometime next winter. The eight episode series is a reimagining of the future of Vladimir Dubrovsky after the events of the novel of the same name from Alexander Pushkin and gives the hero the features of the famous avenger in the mask of Zorro. After wandering around the world for a long time, Vladimir Dubrovsky (Oleg Gaas) returns to the Russian Empire with a new name and a new face. Now he is a mysterious foreigner, Don Diego de laVega. In his native Kistenevka, the hero discovers that the landowners do what they want, and on the roads there are robbers using his name. Here he meets his former beloved Masha again (Marina Vorozhishchev) and is drawn into a dangerous game against the family of the cruel Kirila Petrovich Troekrov (Alexander Semchev), with which Dubrovsky had old accounts to settle. Check out the teaser below and tell us what you think:
A Russian Zorro is not a combination I expected, but it immediately caught my attention. Taking a masked avenger into Pushkin’s world could be great fun, and I would certainly give this series a try if it reaches one of my streaming platforms. This is one of the reasons I love your blog so much: you introduce me to series that would otherwise pass me by. Later, when I see them announced on streaming platforms, I remember that you had already written about them. Thank you once again. If I start signing my comments with a Z, you will know who is to blame. A long hug
Pushkin meets Zorro, now that's a mashup I never saw coming, Dezzy! A returning hero with a new name, an old love and scores to settle sounds like the perfect recipe for a period adventure. https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com
GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.
A Russian Zorro is not a combination I expected, but it immediately caught my attention. Taking a masked avenger into Pushkin’s world could be great fun, and I would certainly give this series a try if it reaches one of my streaming platforms.
ReplyDeleteThis is one of the reasons I love your blog so much: you introduce me to series that would otherwise pass me by. Later, when I see them announced on streaming platforms, I remember that you had already written about them. Thank you once again.
If I start signing my comments with a Z, you will know who is to blame.
A long hug
Sometimes you can even heart first about them here years before launch! Just don't sign them using a sword!
DeleteReturning the hug!
Pushkin meets Zorro, now that's a mashup I never saw coming, Dezzy! A returning hero with a new name, an old love and scores to settle sounds like the perfect recipe for a period adventure.
ReplyDeletehttps://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com
Sometimes we get the most unexpected combinations LOL
DeleteUna interessante serie ambientata in Russia, che per i suoi avvincenti episodi, riscuoterà un buon success.
ReplyDeleteBuona settimana
We are not used to seeing Zorro in snow LOL
Delete