Thursday, January 4, 2024

VISIT NAZI INFESTED BELGIUM IN NETFLIX WORLD WAR TWO SET DRAMA MOVIE WILL PREMIERING THIS JANUARY

   WILL WW2 SET MOVIE   
THIS JANUARY ON NETFLIX
The last day of January, on the 31st Netflix will premiere their Belgian original WILL, a World War II set drama movie based on Jeroen Olyslaegers’s
This retro style movie will stream January 31st
book and inspired by his family’s actions during WWII!
  Set in year 1942 this drama follows Wilfried Wils (Stef Aerts) and Lode Metdepenningen (Matteo Simoni), young assistant police officers in Nazi occupied Antwerp. While they support the resistance, they are forced to participate in the manhunt for Jews in their city. Amid the chaos and violence, Wil falls in love with Lode’s sister, Yvette (Annelore Crollet), but conflicting emotions push him to the brink. The film played in Belgium and Netherlands back in September! 

12 comments:

  1. Hope it will be translated into German..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned about this series in euro TV place, but couldn't bring myself to place it in my list to watch this winter. My distrust in Netflix has reached unreasonable limits, but I have seen them distorting history in Trasatlantic ad distorting the book in their adaptation of All the Light that Cannot see that I don't trust their approach to WWII, Nazis and The Holocaust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twill be a film, not a series, deary. We are witnessing a massive rewrite of history to ease the conscience of those who sided with the Nazis, I imagine because fascism and Nazism are getting strength again. And those who fought against and were the key in destroying it, like us, Jews and Russians, are being vilified now by the very Nazi nations.
      Just look how they depict Sisi and Franz in such a likeable, sexy way, even though them bastards were the reasons why WW1 started.

      Delete
    2. Oh, in EuroTVPlace just said 'drama". Good, now I don't have to see it. You nailed it. I'm not harsh on collaboration, since there were many reasons behind it. I don't know what I would have done, what my choices would have been if I had lived then (and not being Jewish), but I resent that in an effort to whitewash collaborationists, modern fiction mudslings Allied and Jews.

      Delete
  3. This time period is just so sad and hard to watch for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I sometimes have to read WW2 books for my publisher and it is always such a pain.

      Delete
  4. This is one that I will watch on Netflix, though as Malena pointed out, they do tend to rewrite history as they see fit, so I'll go into it without any hope that they stick with facts. Merely a time passer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean they are famous for their CROWN series in which everything is turned upside down and nothing is true. It is very dangerous because they vilified poor Charles with it using lies and false truths.

      Delete
    2. The Crown was wildly popular here. I did not watch it though. I've read that the royal family gets pissed when people bring the show up in conversation with them. Rightfully so since it's filled with untruths.

      Delete
    3. Yes, like in most other things, Americans have a very distorted view of the royals so they trust everything the Crown show says and take it as truth and it could not be any further than truth.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.