THE RED AND THE BLACK
PERIOD SET STENDHAL TV ADAPTATION
Already presented to the French audience earlier this summer is France Televisions' four episode period set TV series adaptation of
Stendhal's famous novel THE RED AND THE BLACK (Le rouge et le noir) set in 1828. We have the trailer and posters for the new series for you today. ARRIVING TO LE HAVRE!
![]() |
| The series in France this June |
WHAT IS THE STORY?
The restored monarchy is faltering, a new revolution rumbling. In this troubled France, Julien Sorel (our gorgeous and sweet Victor Belmondo), poor son of a carpenter is ready to do anything to rise socially. Torn between the Red and the
Black, between the military ambition and the
ecclesiastical career, but
also between two women that everything opposes, he will have to pay the
price of his choices. Virginie Ledoyen, Camille Razat, Patrick Timsit also
star.
ecclesiastical career, but
also between two women that everything opposes, he will have to pay the
price of his choices. Virginie Ledoyen, Camille Razat, Patrick Timsit also
star. The historical series will be offered to the interested international
distributors next week at the 32nd edition of the Unifrance Rendez-Vous
TV content market in Le Havre! Check out the trailer below and tell us
what you think, would you watch it?
TV content market in Le Havre! Check out the trailer below and tell us
what you think, would you watch it?

Four episodes seem like a good length. Enough to tell the story properly without needing a family tree beside the sofa. I’m not entirely sure whether today you’re recommending the series or Victor Belmondo himself. The trailer did nothing for me, and French series rarely win me over when they tackle this kind of period story. It is curious, because I really like French cinema and I think it gets drama right most of the time. I’ll probably give this one a miss. A big hug, and I hope Victor pays you a commission for all this publicity.
ReplyDeleteI am on the fence with the number of peliculas. Sometimes I feel four is enough, sometimes six or eight seems too little, even ten, sometimes even eight or ten is too long, depends on the show in the end. But four to six has definitely become a staple in this genre in last ten years, gone are the years when the usual series had 24 peliculas.
DeleteI know just the way in which I would like him to pay me for the free promotion :) Joking aside, I have seen him in a number of films and he is wonderfully radiant and charming.
One of my 20 favorite novels and I like young Belmondo very much
ReplyDeleteI hope we will manage to see our French cutie pie somewhere in this one.
DeleteA very famous book, still, I will pass this one...
ReplyDeleteI need to read it, I have it in my bookshelf.
DeleteWhile this wouldn't be for me, I sure do like the purple color of her dress.
ReplyDeleteWe do like colour purple
DeleteI really like the costumes.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it. I started watching your Canadian HEATED RIVALRY series last night.
DeleteMe gustaria verla. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it.
DeleteThat trailer... well, bored the hell out of me. Though I did like a few of the dresses in there. One reminded me of the yellow outfit from Clueless which I thought was cute.
ReplyDeleteThe ladies seem very boring in it, why would they match Victor with that old lady?
DeleteShock factor maybe? Who knows why they do half the crap they do.
DeleteBet them French are always like that.
Delete