 |
| Lovesick will start September 2nd at Netflix |
Among the slate of new Mexican series in which
Netflix will invest one billion dollars in the upcoming years, is also
MAL DE AMORES or
LOVESICK a TV series adaptation of
Ángeles Mastretta’s novel. Directed by her daughter,
Catalina Aguilar Mastretta, the series, which will stream from
September 2nd, is set during the Mexican Revolution and follows Emilia Sauri, a woman torn between two
passionate loves while navigating a world dominated by violence and
revolution. It shows the political history of a country through the
intimate life of Emilia Sauri, her family and her loves. The series
tells the parallel story of

the evolution of a country and Emilia's own growth.
Renata Vaca will play Emilia, a woman who fights for her convictions, without renouncing her

feelings.
Juan Pablo Fuentes will give life to Daniel Cuenca, a revolutionary adventurer, and
Ivan Amozurrutia will incarnate Dr. Antonio Zavalza, a doctor who seeks peace in the midst of civil conflict.
I really like the photos, Dezmond.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it, Linda
DeleteDeseo verla. Te mando un beso
ReplyDeleteGracias
DeleteI'll pass. Even if it was not Netflix, I can't stand Mastretta's novels with the exception of Arrancame la vida, and that was saved by a gorgeous adaptation.
ReplyDeleteI will also skip it because just like in Water for the Chocolate and House of the Spirits new series, I find this Hispanic actress above extremely annoying for some reason, probably her daft facial expressions .
DeleteI'll probably also skip this one. But good on Netflix investing in the Mexican genre. There are many here in the US that would probably love to add Hispanic works to their queue. And in Mexico too, of course.
ReplyDeleteThey do often have something from Latin America, but not overly much. I did like some of their apocalyptic ones. But being a winter person I do not find myself connected with their culture, climate and spirit.
DeleteI very much like them as a people. They are hardworking, very family oriented, and their food is amazing. Of course, with any race of people, you'll still have the occasional bad crowd, but overall they are a vibrant and lovely bunch. I'm the opposite of you. I connect better with those in the warmer climates. The rudest people I ever met were in cold Iceland. Followed closely by New Yorkers.
DeleteThey are very private people over in Iceland for obvious reasons, plus everybody hates American tourists per se LOL
Delete