TO PLAY ROBOCOP IN NEW SF TV SERIES AT PRIME VIDEO
Prime Video has finally chosen a star to lead their reboot of famous ROBOCOP! Dan Stevens will lead the science fiction series created by Peter Ocko. In the eight part drama a giant tech conglomerate persuades the city to place a powerful robot on its police force – a robot implanted with the consciousness of a beloved fallen officer, Alex Murphy (to be potrayed by Dan Stevens).


Science fiction is not really my genre, as I have told you before, but RoboCop is one of those characters almost everyone knows. What I find most interesting is not the powerful robot itself, but the idea that it retains the consciousness of a man who has died. That conflict between the machine and whatever remains of Alex Murphy could give the series a more human side. Dan Stevens is an interesting choice for the role. A hug.
ReplyDeleteThat is how the things will, I expect, roll in the future with us as well, our consciousness will be uploaded either into an android or into cyberspace after our physical death and we will live forever that way, hopefully, though, not in a policeman body LOL I would hate to spend eternity chasing criminals.
DeleteI don't think we are too far off from real Robocops. Have you watched those robot olympics on Youtube? They are clumsy little machines now, but I think they'll be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years.
ReplyDeleteYes, it is just a matter of time when we will become their slaves and AI will take over the world. There is nothing we can do about it.
Delete