TRAILER WITH RHYS IFANS AND LAURA LINNEY IN BBC ONE FEATURE LENGTH MOVING DRAMA ONWARDS AND SIDEWAYS
ONWARDS AND SIDEWAYS
TRAILER FOR NEW BBC TV MOVIE
The film will air later this year
BBC One has released first trailer for their new feature length drama ONWARD AND SIDEWAYS which stars Laura Linney and Rhys Ifans
in a touching story about two people with lots in common - a great sense of humour, a love of dance, and Parkinson’s. Rhys plays Tony
Evans, the deputy head of a local primary school. Laura stars as Emma
Dretzin, a pianist, composer and single mother of two daughters. Neither
knows the other until a startling encounter changes the course of their
lives: on the same morning, they are both confronted with a diagnosis
of Parkinson’s. This film is their story
- a friendship which unfolds unexpectedly. A story of humour and
emotion, of challenge and courage, of music and dance - transcending the assumptions of a little understood condition, and triumphing over the odds to find joy, release and love. Joining Laura and
Rhys are Monica Dolan, Rory Kinnear and Paul Mayhew-Archer. See the trailer below and tell us what you think.
I like Laura Linney very much, and pairing her with Rhys Ifans seems like a good choice. A story like this needs actors who can find humour without turning the illness into a joke, and I think they can do that. I will watch this one, although if they expect me to join in with the dancing, they will need a stunt double.
It will be a poignant and moving story with a lot of heartfelt humour and tears. I can only do belly dancing, the rest is not in my repertoire. Sending you a friendly belly bump LOL
I do not like Laura Linney, but this does sound like an emotional watch that highlights awareness for the ever growing disease so I'll add it to my list.
GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.
I like Laura Linney very much, and pairing her with Rhys Ifans seems like a good choice. A story like this needs actors who can find humour without turning the illness into a joke, and I think they can do that. I will watch this one, although if they expect me to join in with the dancing, they will need a stunt double.
ReplyDeleteIt will be a poignant and moving story with a lot of heartfelt humour and tears. I can only do belly dancing, the rest is not in my repertoire. Sending you a friendly belly bump LOL
DeleteI love Laura Linney!! Just rewatched her The Big C not long ago. For a pianist, parkinson must make her feel helpless.
ReplyDeleteIt is a most terrible disease, wonder why it is so common nowadays.
DeleteI do not like Laura Linney, but this does sound like an emotional watch that highlights awareness for the ever growing disease so I'll add it to my list.
ReplyDeleteAgreed.
Delete