Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

NETFLIX PREPARING NEW 19TH CENTURY BERLIN SET COSTUME TV SERIES DOLLY

   1ST DOLLY IMAGE  
FROM NEW GERMAN COSTUME DRAMA
After The Barbarians and The Empress, new German costume drama coming to Netflix is DOLLY. The six part series will be set in Berlin, 1899: When the rebellious Dolly Pinkus narrowly escapes a serial killer and the authorities fail to act, she takes the investigation into her own hands. Together with her best friend Mieze and young police inspector Carl, she embarks on a dangerous hunt for the perpetrator. Derya Akyol, Sean Douglas, Max Hubacher, Andreas Lust, Merlin Rose, Jerry Kwarteng have been announced in the cast.

12 comments:

  1. A black police inspector in 1899 in Germany...yeah, Right...very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not think the black freulein from the picture is the police inspector LOL but it truly is hardly believable that they had black girls walking around the Berlin streets at that time.

      Delete
    2. Typical Netflix, another reason not to watch it.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I will watch it as beggars cannot be choosers.

      Delete
  2. A crime story set in Berlin in 1899 could work very well, especially if the city has as much character as the investigation. I just hope Netflix does not polish everything until it looks like a fashion catalogue. This one is going on my list. Andreas Lust is in the cast too, but I will leave the surname jokes to you. A big hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netflix shows are hardly ever polished, they prefer them murky, dirty and fugly as they love promoting darkness and crime and serial killers in their shows LOL If you google images of Andreas Lust you will hardly find him lust invoking LOL He is a funny looking fella. Returning the hug with the fragrance of pears and mint as that is the ice tea I made myself right now.

      Delete
  3. This one sounds fun. I'm going to have to watch for that one! (Although they do hold to the Disney standard of suspend-your-reality for our diverse casting. Whatever. I've seen what the actor's union requires of producers these days. It's impossible!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be, or already is, the death of telly! I mean they were shooting a film in which Hannibal of Carthage is played by Denzel, and Carthaginians were white Phoenicians!

      Delete
  4. Adoro quando o personagem decide investigar por conta própria dá mais emoção, Dezmond feliz quarta-feira bjs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a little cat and mouse game. Though I agree about the casting being questionable. But that's modern day viewing for you.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.