Friday, July 26, 2019

MAGICAL TRAILER FOR MRS LOWRY & SON LETS TIMOTHY SPALL AND VANESSA REDGRAVE SHINE LIKE NEVER BEFORE!

   'MRS LOWRY & SON' TRAILER
 WITH  TIMOTHY SPALL'S EXTRAORDINARY PERFORMANCE
The film opens August 30th in UK
I must confess it is utterly magical, a play of two titans as they say in it - the first trailer for MRS LOWRY & SON drama movie, a true story of beloved British artist L.S. Lowry (Timothy Spall) who lived all his life with his over bearing mother Elizabeth (Vanessa Redgrave). Bed ridden and bitter, Elizabeth actively tried to dissuade her bachelor son from pursuing his artistic ambitions, whilst never failing to voice her opinion at what a disappointment he was to her. Spending his days as a rent collector, Lowry took art classes in the evening and painted well into the early hours of the morning. The film follows Lowry in the beginnings of his career as he yearns to transition into having his work appreciated in London and beyond. It becomes
This is Adrian Noble's only third direction in almost two decades after Importance of Being Earnest and A Midsummer Night's Dream
clear his disdainful mother is the ultimate obstacle to his success, not his lack of talent. However, Elizabeth is the very reason Lowry paints anything at all, as he desperately seeks to create something, anything, which will make her happy.

12 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good biopic. With two great leading british actors (Redgrave and Spall), and a plot based on the relationship between obverbearing mother - artistically inclined son, it is definitely worth watching.
    Great poster! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite movies are the ones like this one, with raw realistic emotions and people who win in messed up situations.

      Delete
  2. Looks so good! Though, I can't imagine not trying to fully support my children's dreams or passions. Constructive criticism is okay at times, but being a pain in the ass mother who tries to squash talent and dreams just ain't right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some parents are like that, mine never praised me or awarded or celebrated me for anything, like literally never ever.

      Delete
    2. And I'm sorry you had to live through that :( Every child should feel like they have their parents in their corner no matter what.

      Delete
    3. True, dahlink, I've sadly never felt that in my whole life, I had known I was absolutely on my own somewhere at the age of 4 or 5, that is why I'm so proud of you for giving so much love and support to your kids!

      Delete
  3. Looks bleak, depressing and dispiriting, but says much about the artistic temperament's need for expression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes strong emotions to create art, methinks.

      Delete
  4. I like those kind of movies! I am so intrigued about that yoghurt base sponge cake you mentioned in your comment on my blog, could you please share a recipe?☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, you can also find my recipes over at my Facebook profile, if you are on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/miroslavbasicpalkovic/media_set?set=a.1459493801380&type=3

      THE RECIPE FOR YOGHURT BATTER IS VERY SIMPLE: mix 2 cups of yoghurt with 0,6 cups of sunflower oil and 1,3 cups of sugar, some vanilla, then mix in 2 cups of flour, baking powder and bake at 200*C for 15 minutes (it should be soft, don't overbake it).

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much, I will definitely try it out! I always have yogurt on hand, but to be precize, what size of pan do you recommend for that recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too big, not the big sheet pan but the one you use for lasagnas, moussaka etc. You, of course, need to oil it a bit and sprinkle with flour before pouring in the mixture :) You can ad, any flavour in it too, cocoa, cinnamon, cappuccino, vanilla, whatever.
      I think I've used it in some of my recipes which you have up under my banner under DEZZY ON TOUR button.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.