Saturday, March 17, 2018

COMEDY FRIDAY: JAKE MCDORMAN JOINS 'MURPHY BROWN' REVIVAL AS HER SON! JOSH LAWSON TO LEAD 'WELCOME TO NEIGHBOURHOOD' SITCOM! DAX SHEPARD JOINS ASHTON KUTCHER'S 'RANCH'

  JAKE MCDORMAN JOINS 
'MURPHY BROWN' CBS REVIVAL AS HER GROWN UP SON
Jake McDorman will be Murphy's son Avery
TV comedy news today as we are in the middle of the casting season for new sitcom pilots! I've announced recently that MURPHY BROWN is returning to the small screens at CBS thirty years after its end, and now we have Jake McDorman cast as her grown up son! Candice Bergen returns as news anchor to a world of cable news, social media, fake news and a very different political and cultural climate, with all of the old cast returning too, from Faith Ford and Joe Regalbuto to Grant Shaud! McDorman will play her millennial adult journalist son Avery, who is following in his mother’s footsteps, perhaps too closely, and has his mother’s competitive spirit and quick wit. Nik Dodani joins the old cast as Pat, the director of social media for the news show who is tasked with bringing Murphy and the gang into the 21st century.

JOSH LAWSON TO LEAD 'WELCOME TO  NEIGHBOURHOOD' 
Josh Lawson will lead new CBS sitcom
After casting Cedric The Entertainer, CBS has added another lead to their multicam sitcom pilot WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBOUR HOOD. Josh Lawson will play Dave, the nicest guy in the Midwest who moves his family into a tough neighbourhood in L.A. where not everyone appreciates his extreme neighbourliness. Cedric will play his next door neighbour who regards the new family with disdain and as a pack of interlopers, while Tichina Arnold will play his wife who judges them  by their knowledge of Scripture (non existent) and their church attendance record (shockingly poor!).

  DAX SHEPARD TO JOIN 
ASHTON KUTCHER'S 'THE RANCH'
Dax Shepard will guest star in about five episodes
And the third blond hunk for today will move to a ranch! You've probably heard that Danny Masterson will no longer be a part of Netflix's multicam sitcom THE RANCH and he will now be replaced by Dax Shepard in the comedy revolving around the dysfunctional Bennett family on their Colorado ranch! He will join the second part of the 20 episode third season as a former soldier who has come to town with some history concerning the Iron River Ranch. He meets the Bennetts and forms an immediate bond with Colt (Ashton Kutcher) and his father Beau (Sam Elliott), but his past has a way of catching up with him. Dax won't be a regular, however, as he will be the lead in another sitcom, BLESS THIS MESS at Fox in which he and Lake Bell play a NY couple which moves to Nebraska to live a simpler life. It doesn’t work out like they planned.

4 comments:

  1. My mom was all about Murphy Brown back in the day, so I bet she's going to love the revival.

    I love Dax Shepherd. I was so sad when Parenthood went off the air because I really enjoyed him on that show. I'll need to catch up on The Ranch and add his new show to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember watching Murphy as a kid, but I was too small then and never really overly liked it, but I'm looking forward to it much more than to Roseanne. I just hope they won't be overly political but they probably will. I do really love McDorman, he is lovely.
      I watched first ten episodes of Ranch first season and never continued :) It wasn't bad, it just wasn't moving anywhere and their father annoyed me terribly. Ashton was lovely in it and so was Danny.

      Delete
    2. I think my mom feels the same way about the Ranch show, but she hasn't given up on it yet. I haven't seen an episode yet, but I bet Danny and Ashton are lovely in it.

      Delete
    3. I'd probably prefer it if their dad wasn't in the show at all, I just despise people like him and I've never liked the actor much either. It wasn't bad, though, just mediocre, kinda like Ashton's Two and a Half Men was too.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.