Tuesday, December 22, 2015

ENCHANTING TRAILERS FOR NEW YEAR'S NEW EPIC SERIES 'JERICHO' WITH JESSICA RAINE, HANS MATHESON, 'DICKENSIAN' WITH TOM WESTON JONES, PAULINE COLLINS, STEPHEN REA

'JERICHO' EPIC TV SERIES
TODAY'S WILDERNESS, TOMORROW'S FUTURE
We continue reminding you of all the epic series beginning around New Years, starting today with ITV's JERICHO which will air in January starring Jessica Raine and Hans Matheson. Set in the Yorkshire Dales in the 1870s, the 8 part drama focuses upon the shanty town of Jericho, home to a community that will live, thrive and die in the shadow of the viaduct they’ve been brought together to build. Rough, rustic and remote with a carnival atmosphere, Jericho is a community of pioneers, settlers and outcasts, people with secrets to hide and those looking to start again.


'DICKENSIAN' EPIC TV SERIES
ENCHANTING NEW TRAILER
Meanwhile, rival BBC is all ready and set to start airing their wonderful new half hour series DICKENSIAN from Saturday December 26th! The enchanting 20 part drama will be set within the fictional realms of Charles Dickens' critically acclaimed novels, bringing together some of his most iconic characters as their lives intertwine in 19th century London. Stephen Rea as Inspector Bucket, Tom Weston Jones as Meriwether Compeyson, Pauline Collins as Mrs Gamp, Ned Dennehy as Scrooge, Anton Lesser as Fagin, Caroline Quentin as Mrs Bumble, are all set to star!

29 comments:

  1. These trailers pulled me right in! I'm such a sucker for a good video. Thanks DEZ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. be welcome, the Brits will sure have lovely programmes to watch these holidays!

      Delete
  2. Bein' the redneck that I am Jericho is more my style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally Dickensian is going to air! I'm just about certain that is going to be fantastic. Not sure how long I'll have to wait to see it, but when it shows up, I'll binge watch it straight through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will most probably download it, dear, at least the first eps to see if it grabs me, but it probably will :)

      Delete
  4. I'd normally not be too interested in something like that, but the trailer was pretty intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting they decided to start the Dickens series after Christmas rather than before, but I assume viewership is probably low in the days before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, BBC has tons of other stuff to fill in the festive schedule :) They usually have Christmas Bake Offs and Strictly Come Dancings :) And Boxing day is their prime time for TV watching

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to Dickensian.
    Have a great one, Dez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not done watching great movies for 2015 and here comes 2016. My, my.

    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is interesting that they've put most of the new epic shows in January

      Delete
  8. I'm a big Dickens fan, so Dickensian looks perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wasn't there another series called Jericho? I vaguely remember that title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. an American one, has nothing to do with this one

      Delete
  10. Dickensian must be cool..all characters in one set, thrilling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet Jason would really like Dickensian. Definitely looks like something he'd be into. I'll have to jot that one down for him to check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the whole family could gather around for that one!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.