Tuesday, December 8, 2015

BLADES FLY IN 'CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON: SWORD OF DESTINY' TRAILER WITH MICHELLE YEOH, DONNIE YEN! DRAGONS FLY IN 'MONKEY KING 2' EPIC TRAILER WITH AARON KWOK, GONG LI!

 FIRST TRAILER FOR
 CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON: SWORD OF DESTINY
And continuing our stay in Asia which we started yesterday, check out the stunning first trailer for the sequel of one of Asia's greatest epic Oscar winning movies ever CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON: SWORD OF DESTINY! Starring Michelle Yeoh and Donnie Yen, it will premiere on Netflix next February telling an epic story of lost love, young love, a legendary sword. It also tells of one last opportunity at redemption, set against breathtaking action in an epic martial arts battle between good and evil. The fate of the Martial World will be decided in this action-packed sequel.


 'THE MONKEY KING 2'
TRAILER AND POSTERS
You can also check out an action packed teaser for the sequel to one of China's most lucrative movies ever THE MONKEY KING 2 (the second movie is also a costy affair with $20 million budget) which arrives to theatres also February with three biggest Asian stars Aaron Kwok as The Monkey King (a role he is taking over from above mentioned Donnie Yen, even though he played another character in the first film), Gong Li as the White Skeleton Demon, Kelly Chen as Goddess of Mercy, and Feng Shaofeng leading the cast of the enchanting epic fantasy with visual effects unseen ever before!

7TH CENTURY CHINA  
Told by an Old Sage, a Western monk who travelled from Europe to China in the 7th Century. He tells the tale to two children, one Chinese, the other from the West who come across the monk in a cave on a remote mountainside above the Eastern Ocean. The monk is the current keeper of a hundred painted scrolls, each describing an event in the Monkey King's life. Our dear Shaun Smith is creature and special makeup effects supervisor in this one as well!

27 comments:

  1. Interesting that the "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" sequel will be on NetFlix! Looks good! I enjoyed the original movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and in selected IMAX cinemas :) It does look more TVish than cinemaish

      Delete
  2. These images are spectacular, and I'm so glad Netflix will have the sequel for CTHD. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Kind of looks like a strange human Aslan.

      Delete
    2. tis the Monkey King, show some respect :) That is how he looks in their legends, you two just aren't used to it

      Delete
    3. That must be it. You are clearly as wise as the Monkey King. I prefer to be the Penguin King.

      Delete
    4. My wisdom is as wide as the galaxy itself, my paduan

      Delete
  4. I thought the first was over-rated

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pig eared guy in the Monkey King 2 trailer kind of needed better CGI or costuming. Whichever it was I kind of taken out of the experience because he looked fake. Most of the trailer looked amazing and that staff was the true star as far as I am concerned.

    I saw the CTHD2 trailer earlier today on Beyond the trailer (hosted by Grace Randolph) on Youtube. She ripped it to shreds. Apparently the tv ish look did not sit well with her after that eye popping first movie. I think it still looks pretty amazing though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't say he looked fake, that is just the way Chinese effects work, their visuals are a bit different... and in most cases better.
      I'm also a bit reserved when it comes to CROUCHING TIGER sequel, it does look a bit cheap in the trailer... no wonder it is a TV production... I thought it would be a cinematic movie at first. Now it looks a bit like an adaptation of a video game

      Delete
  6. I never saw the first, but I guess that might be good after seeing Adam's comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ignore what Adam said ;) You should see both that one and especially THE CURSE OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER which is my fave of the Asian flicks.. and THE HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGERS too!

      Delete
    2. I usually agree with Adam in his taste of films, but I'll take your word for it Dezzy. I'll have to see if they are on Netflix now.

      Delete
    3. THE CURSE OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER is dominated by golden and violet colours... I thought my eyes went to a spa :) The same as when watching GREEN LANTERN :)

      Delete
  7. Stunning imagery!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never saw the first Crouching Tiger movie. I remember when it was all the rage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a lovely movie... at least visually. The first one to bring back Asian flicks onto the world stage again

      Delete
  9. I'm with Stephanie, I never saw it! But, maybe I should have since #2 is already on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with the above to ladies. I think we watch part one only when the two is about to be released!

    Except Godfather ofcourse ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen Godfather :) I refuse to watch mafia movies!

      Delete
  11. Stunning promo material. I'd like to see the first Crouching Tiger movie.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.